atf form question again

PDA

wangchung36
May 22, 2011, 06:57 PM
Hello everyone im new to this forum. I have a question about the atf form1 and form 4. i have a gsg-5pk that i want to put a foregrip do i need form 1 or 4 for that. let stay down the road i want to put a suppressor on it do i need to fill any forms out again if i have the foregrip. thanks for the help

If you enjoyed reading about "atf form question again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
N003k
May 22, 2011, 07:10 PM
If memory serves, a form 1 is to make, a form 4 is to transfer/take ownership, but I could be wrong there. So don't hold me to it.

As far as the suppressor, a suppressor is considered a gun as per the NFA, and has to have it's own tax stamp. But they can be put on any gun that it can fit on. The host gun doesn't need any special form filled out to use a suppressor..

wangchung36
May 22, 2011, 10:17 PM
Ok because I was on the web and the gsg-5 pk is a pistol so I know I need ATF form for the foregrip and pay the 200 dollar stamp and something about it being a short barrel rifle. If I pay for the stamp for the foregrip later on do I have to pay another 200 for the suppressor

animator
May 22, 2011, 10:21 PM
It's a pistol, and will not be an SBR. Adding the foregrip on it will make it an AOW.

Adding a can to any rifle or pistol will require a form and stamp for the can itself, and has no effect by, for, or with on the weapon it is attached to. Even if the can is not attached to a weapon, to possess it, it must have approved paperwork.

If you enjoyed reading about "atf form question again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!