More gunshop wisdom: The Beretta "M9A2"

PDA

Slater
May 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
Was talking with another customer at the local gun shop the other day. The topic was US Military handguns, and his assertion that "Dude, word is that the Army is going to start buying the Beretta 92A1 as the M9A2". I didn't know what else to say but "Really?".

More keen insight from the gunshop crowd?

If you enjoyed reading about "More gunshop wisdom: The Beretta "M9A2"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
george d dennis
May 22, 2011, 09:39 PM
when i brought my 92a1 a few months ago, the dealer told me that there not going
to make the m-9 any more. civilian version? i went to order the m9a1 but ended up
with the 92a1 instead. a pistol i do enjoy. sometimes you dont know to believe the
dealers or not. thats for posting that information.

Magnuumpwr
May 22, 2011, 10:56 PM
What is the difference between the M9A1 and the 92A1? I personally have a NIB Beretta M9, but looking at the slide there is no after designation behind the M9. The only difference I can see between my M9 and my 92FS's is that the rear sight of the M9 has a dot centered in the lower portion of the notch and the 92FS's have a three dot system. Other than that they appear to be identical in make.

REAPER4206969
May 23, 2011, 12:17 AM
In 2009 the military bought 450,000 more M9's and the Marines bought a large number of M9A1's.

D Rock
May 23, 2011, 03:25 PM
Magnuumpwr, here a comparison chart from Berettaforum.

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58304

Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "More gunshop wisdom: The Beretta "M9A2"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!