Would you carry a starter pistol/blanks

PDA

BIGGBAY90
May 22, 2011, 08:12 PM
Would you carry a starter/blank firing pistol for carry or home protection---it does go bang when you fire it

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you carry a starter pistol/blanks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
brboyer
May 22, 2011, 08:13 PM
Um, no. :scrutiny:

M-Cameron
May 22, 2011, 08:25 PM
i think a BB gun would be more useful......it actually shoots something.

GrimCPT
May 22, 2011, 08:32 PM
So when they realize they aren't bleeding, they can make you regret it? I think not.

wtxj
May 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
No:what:

Kendal Black
May 22, 2011, 08:36 PM
I was living in a city where there were riots, some years ago. The rioting did not come to my street, and don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a little looting and pillaging now and again, if insurance covers it, but my personal safety is another matter.

My shotgun was unloaded, but it was broken open on the chair arm. In one pocket I had field trial blanks, in the other, police buckshot.

The day passed uneventfully on my street.

ATBackPackin
May 22, 2011, 08:39 PM
Could it work? I suppose, but what are the stakes if it doesn't???

Not worth the risk!

SleazyRider
May 22, 2011, 08:43 PM
Only if I wanted to start a race.

InkEd
May 22, 2011, 08:44 PM
Only if it will help you get a faster start when running away.

Frozen North
May 22, 2011, 08:51 PM
I would carry a pocket full of black cat firecrackers, that way they would think I had a machine gun! :D

Seriously, no. I would not carry a toy, replica, or non functional firearm. If the BG chooses to fight with his weapon instead of running away, you are in a big mess.

I would either arm myself or go unarmed completely. I think the risks are much higher carrying a toy or replica than being unarmed completely.

But the big question is why would you want to?

marksman13
May 22, 2011, 08:55 PM
That might be the dumbest self defense idea in the world. Shooting blanks at an armed assailant is only going to induce a shooting for which YOU are horrendously unprepared.

AZ_Rebel
May 22, 2011, 08:58 PM
Wow... this thread is a non-starter!:evil:

Seriously... its not the "bang" that stops the assailant - its the g-----, s------ chest wounds that do the trick. If you don't understand that you obviously do not grasp the concept of defending yourself against deadly force.

AlexanderA
May 22, 2011, 09:00 PM
If you're going to bluff, you can just as easily do so with a "gun" carved out of a bar of soap amd blackened with shoe polish.

But no, bluffing with a starter gun (or a bar of soap) seems like a good way to get yourself killed.

jmorris
May 22, 2011, 09:01 PM
Not a chance. Further, I feel that the first hint that a bad guy should have that I am armed is right after the first bullet impact.

Having something that could only escalate the situation with zero chance of ending it, would be like trying to end an argument with your wife by telling her to shut up, only making things worse.

Larry Ashcraft
May 22, 2011, 09:08 PM
Besides being one of the stupidest thread ideas ever on THR, this is treading very close to trolling.

Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you carry a starter pistol/blanks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!