Springfield .38 super nickle plated

PDA

22/22mag
January 14, 2004, 05:15 PM
Recived my new Springfield .38 nickle plated 1911.Put a little light gun oil on slide and went out and shot 100 rds of Win 125 gr. silver tip +p.
Gun shot very smooth no problems of any kind .From 50 feet all shots within a 12 inch paper plate.This is a full mil spec size gun without mag weighs 40 oz. so recoil is very slight.You can see your reflection in the nickle finish like a mirror.(So if I run out of bullets I can blind them) This is my first Springfield I removed the barrel while cleaning and checked out the slide and frame looks good ,slide to frame fit tight .The picture dosn't show how nice the gun looks in person.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield .38 super nickle plated" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BHPshooter
January 14, 2004, 06:45 PM
Oh, dude, that's a sweet lookin' iron. Are those the grips that came with it?

Thanks for the pics! ;)

Wes

22/22mag
January 14, 2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks,The grips that came with the Springfield were pearl, I replaced them with pewter grips.Ajax grips is one site were they sell them there are others I think.I bought them on ebay.The .38 is one fine loking gun with these grips.I think everybody needs one flashy pistola.

clown714
January 15, 2004, 09:10 AM
that's one fancy BBQ gun:cool:

clown

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield .38 super nickle plated" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!