If it wasn't for bad luck...

PDA

inclinebench
May 24, 2011, 08:32 AM
I have come for moral support today. Last month I sent off for my C&R license. I have had visions of K31s and Mausers in my head ever since. Every night I come home from work and check the mail hoping that my C&R license will be waiting for me. Last night I found that I have to replace the radiator on my sedan, then got home to find my C&R waiting for me. K31 and Mausers will have to wait.

On a lighter note, I will take the old radiator out to my range as a target for the time being.

If you enjoyed reading about "If it wasn't for bad luck..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dodgensince74
May 24, 2011, 08:42 AM
after you shoot it up, take it to a recycle place so you can get a little $$ for ammo or a down payment on another rifle:D

MachIVshooter
May 24, 2011, 12:35 PM
after you shoot it up, take it to a recycle place so you can get a little $$ for ammo or a down payment on another rifle

Most radiators used over the last 15 years are aluminum and plastic, and only worth about $5-$8 in scrap. Unless you drive by a metals recycler anyway, it likely isn't worth the time and fuel.

To the OP; what year and model? I don't know if you were planning to have it done at a shop or not, but most radiators are fairly easy to replace, and you'll save enough to pay for that K-31. A shop is going to mark the part up 60-100% over their cost and then $80-$100/hr in most places.

inclinebench
May 24, 2011, 03:49 PM
If I had the time, I would replace it myself, but I need the car by the weekend, as I am going with the family on a little beach weekend trip, but have to return before wife and kids. So I need the car by then. I also work full time so my free hours are limited anyway. The shop is owned bya friend, and they do good work at a fair price, so while I hate to spend the cash, I think this is my only option right now.

I will just have to put off the rifles for a couple of months. I just wont buy a gun if I dont have the cash on hand. I try to avoid debt where I can.

hso
May 24, 2011, 03:54 PM
I just wont buy a gun if I dont have the cash on hand. I try to avoid debt where I can.

Wisdom in those words that not everyone follows. Good for you.

FROGO207
May 24, 2011, 11:48 PM
I have never owned a credit card yet. The only problem I encountered was trying to rent a car at the airport after flying cross country 15 years ago.
+ a lot for not spending beyond your means. I find it makes you appreciate what you have already all that much more. Gun purchases are the really good things as of late I am saving for and realizing reward.

If you enjoyed reading about "If it wasn't for bad luck..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!