Help! My guns keep multiplying!!!

PDA

elano
May 25, 2011, 04:07 AM
Over the past years I've bought and sold a gun or two usually just keeping 1 shotgun and 1 pistol at a time. Now all of a sudden over the past year they've started multiplying now I'm double digits! I'm almost embarassed to tell my gf when I buy anOther one. Did the same thing happen to y'all?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! My guns keep multiplying!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
makarovnik
May 25, 2011, 06:55 AM
If you keep them separated they won't multiply.

I don't sell perfectly good guns... I buy them. Also, someday the ATF may ask you to show them where all the guns went.

Ian
May 25, 2011, 10:14 AM
You've got nothing to be concerned about until you hit triple or quadruple digits. :D

M-Cameron
May 25, 2011, 10:25 AM
OH NO!.....didnt they warn you about this.....

Please tell me you didnt get them wet, or loaded them after midnight!...

Jonah71
May 25, 2011, 10:50 AM
I thought that I had quit for good when I sold my guns in the 80's. But no matter how much I wanted out......they just kept pulling me back in......Now I'm in the double digits again. And the prices......!!!

mcofboise
May 25, 2011, 11:22 AM
You can send any litter over-runs to me. I provide a quality foster home for wayward firearms and can help you to avoid that "hoarder" stigma. :evil:

BP Hunter
May 25, 2011, 03:23 PM
Now I understand why women have so many different pairs of shoes...It's an addiction!

ZCORR Jay
May 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
I tried putting trigger locks on but they're still multiplying like rabbits.

BP Hunter,
I tell my girlfriend every time she comes home with new shoes I'm coming home with a new rifle or at least can of ammo.

Hondo 60
May 25, 2011, 04:11 PM
Don't worry my friend!
It's happened to the best (and worst) of us - me included.

I'm up to 13 handguns, 3 rifles & 5 shotguns.
There's still 3 more handguns I'd like, maybe I'll have to trade a couple in order to get more.

Seriously, is there a limit as to how many we can have?

Hardware
May 25, 2011, 04:21 PM
Just wait until you get bitten by the old S&W revolver bug. Hooboy! Are your guns gonna multiply!

Magoo
May 25, 2011, 07:16 PM
Why oh why can I not find a pic of a barrel muzzle with a condom on it?!? :banghead:

weak google-foo leading to yet another missed opportunity for the perfect answer.

Nushif
May 25, 2011, 08:01 PM
Stuff them all in expensive leather and wear them out with tons of ammo! It's the only way to stop the epidemic!

M-Cameron
May 25, 2011, 08:05 PM
Why oh why can I not find a pic of a barrel muzzle with a condom on it?!?

weak google-foo leading to yet another missed opportunity for the perfect answer.
you have much to learn young padawon.......

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/icenando/icenando0712/icenando071200026/2211744-male-hand-holding-a-revolver-with-a-condom-on-it-black-background.jpg

<5 seconds with google to find pic

c33m0n3y
May 25, 2011, 09:58 PM
Just go and get yourself a C&R FFL. Then you're not an addict anymore. You're a "collector." And you'll giggle like an imbecile when UPS starts delivering Walthers, Mosins, Mausers and Garands straight to your doorstep.
I've been averaging about a new toy a month for the past year or so. And I'm actually exercising self-control!

YukonCharlie
May 25, 2011, 10:04 PM
Everytime there is a threat to the second amendment I buy at least 2 guns I have to have... and I am not kidding.

medalguy
May 26, 2011, 01:58 PM
I feel your pain. I have always heard that one should use protection when engaging in risky behavior (like buying guns) so I started using gun socks but that doesn't work either. Could be the space between the knitting? Maybe long plastic bags might do it? Sorry guys none of these pups are available for adoption. :neener:

May 26, 2011, 09:07 PM
Help? You are completely normal. We can't help normal.:evil:

yhtomit
May 26, 2011, 09:35 PM
Every time I don't buy cigarettes, I mentally put some of the money thus saved into the gun kitty.

Good thing I don't smoke!

timothy

wrench
May 26, 2011, 11:19 PM
You don't need help, you need congratulations!:D

Heretic
May 27, 2011, 01:15 AM
Ditto to the last post.

bcp280z
May 27, 2011, 01:48 AM
Understand completely, everyone around me has told me I don't need another, and at my age I have much more than my peers, but there's just so many neat/cool/fun guns out there, and I don't think think they're gonna get any cheaper.

Help naw, pics, yes please.

IcemanUnlimited
May 27, 2011, 02:23 AM
"Help! My guns keep multiplying!!!"

It's not nice to brag. ;)

ultradoc
May 27, 2011, 08:10 AM
I have been having the same problem. I am kind of worried though. My AR-15 is spending a little more time than usual with my P3AT :]

ErikO
May 27, 2011, 03:28 PM
I guess they should be called 'bunnie guns' not 'mouse guns'. lol

RX-178
May 27, 2011, 05:40 PM
Well, I don't think my collection's expanded any since last Xmas...

...But I still get nervous about closing the gun safe with more than one AK or AR in it... I keep telling them not to do anything I wouldn't do, but...

merlinfire
May 27, 2011, 06:29 PM
Haven't you ever wondered where Baby Glocks come from? Now you know.

RX-178
May 28, 2011, 12:49 AM
I don't have any Draco pistols yet, but I know the WASR-10's been eyeing up the SGL-21 for months now!

Ohio Gun Guy
May 30, 2011, 10:08 PM
They get lonely all locked up with nothing else to do. You have to seperate the males from the females. Send them to me, I'll show you how you can tell. :rolleyes:

Wait until you get the urge to get 2 of the same thing/s.... (That only counts as 1 gun; because one could be used for parts:neener:)

kingcheese
May 31, 2011, 01:40 AM
i'm here to represent the adopt a gun program...

i will take any unwanted or abused guns of your hands, at little to no cost to you(or me)

problem solved...

rondog
May 31, 2011, 02:17 AM
I know what you mean. A month ago I had ONE Enfield, now I have FOUR! Damn thing must have had eggs or something.

kingcheese
May 31, 2011, 01:00 PM
maybe if you open a used gun shop... you could test each one out, then pass them on, so you never really baught a personal gun, its just to make money, not for fun, right?

and if that fails you can fill up the shop then close it and keep them all

elano
June 1, 2011, 12:35 AM
Haha some of these posts are pretty funny. Anyone else make lists of all the stuff they want?

Shadow 7D
June 1, 2011, 01:01 AM
Much like rabbits, placing two compatible gun in close proximity has been known to lead to this problem.

Dr_B
June 1, 2011, 01:22 AM
Guns, guitars, whisky, and cigars. Enjoy them now because you can't take them with you.

And hide them from your wife. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! My guns keep multiplying!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!