Suppressor for .44 mag rifle?

PDA

Legionnaire
May 25, 2011, 02:54 PM
I'm exploring what it would take to suppress a T/C Encore in .44 mag. I have a 20" Custom Shop barrel that would be the host, and I assume I can find someone who can thread it.

The question is, which can? My (limited) research to date shows a number of .44 mag rifles with integrally suppressed barrels, but I've not seen a ".44 Mag" can. I reload, and would plan to keep the velocity subsonic. So would a can for a .45 ACP work? They seem fairly popular and available.

I'm new to suppressors (awaiting ATF action on my first application), so am open to any and all input/suggestions. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressor for .44 mag rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ranb
May 25, 2011, 05:23 PM
I can push 300 grain cast bullets 1050 fps with 8 grains of bullseye powder. I think a 45 acp can would hold up to that. Best to ask the manufacturer though. I am making a 44 mag can for my 16" contender.

Ranb

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressor for .44 mag rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!