When using Eezox to stop rust can I use other products for cleaning and lube?

PDA

csmith
May 25, 2011, 04:42 PM
I have purchased Eezox mainly because of the fantastic job it does at preventing rust. Can I still use other products to clean and lubricate? Because I have heard not to use other products when using Eezox, is this true?

If you enjoyed reading about "When using Eezox to stop rust can I use other products for cleaning and lube?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
threefeathers
May 25, 2011, 05:25 PM
absolutely, but I tend to use EEZOX for everything.

orionengnr
May 25, 2011, 11:05 PM
I have purchased Eezox mainly because of the fantastic job it does at preventing rust. Can I still use other products to clean and lubricate?
Sure you can. I have (in the past) performed all of the C-L-P functions with Eezox...but Eezox is pricey and hard to find, so I tend to disassemble, clean the bore with Hoppes, wipe down the frame/slide with Hoppes to remove powder, etc., then do a wipedown with Eezox.

If you enjoyed reading about "When using Eezox to stop rust can I use other products for cleaning and lube?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!