Taurus PT111 mil pro?

PDA

Ledgehammer
May 26, 2011, 04:33 PM
If you could get a great deal on this firearm would you pick one up? I'm asking because I can get a pretty good deal on one for 299 out the door. I've never owned a Taurus, always been a glock guy, but this gun felt great in hand. It's got decent reviews as far as reliability. It has decent capacity and I was thinking it could be a nice gun for the wife to shoot too. Your thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT111 mil pro?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
G.barnes
May 26, 2011, 04:42 PM
I've owned two Taurus and both had problems. Some people get great ones some get problem ones. I'd put some more money down and get something better. If you can't afford better then that's a different story.

Ledgehammer
May 26, 2011, 04:50 PM
How recent was your experience? I'm starting to think it's only priced so low because of the roll the dice factor. They also had the s&w sd9 for 369. If I go that route I'll just spend the extra $80 and get the SA xd sub-compact.

NoobCannon
May 26, 2011, 05:48 PM
I just bought one, and I like it. Definitely my choice for CCW. If you can find a better gun for a better price, then by all means, jump on it. But I doubt you will.

Quentin
May 26, 2011, 08:56 PM
I bought a PT111 Mil Pro Gen 2 back in late 2005. No problems with it at all, reliable and accurate enough for CCW. I've read of problems with the non-Pros but think Taurus got it worked out at least by the Gen 2 Pro.

No doubt it is a gamble, as is any used gun, so see what they'll do for you if it's a problem gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT111 mil pro?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!