recoil spring, where to get?

PDA

alan
January 26, 2003, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately, the importer, Dalvar appears to be unreachable, perhaps gone out of business, or that is what I've heard.

In any case, the pistol in question is as follows. Radom P-83, a blow-back action, semi-automatic handgun, chambered for the 9 x 18 mm (9mm Makarov) round.

If anyone known of a source for these things, recoil springs that is, please advise. Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "recoil spring, where to get?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
January 27, 2003, 10:45 PM
I have no idea where you could get an original, but any good gunsmith should be able to adapt another spring or, if worst comes to worst, wind one for you. (I didn't say it would be cheap.)

I wonder why the need, though. Is the spring broken, lost, or what? If you just want to swap springs because everyone seems to be doing it, don't worry. Factory springs (unless complete junk) will last thousands of rounds without any problems. Some folks have the idea that all springs have be replaced every Tuesday at 2PM or the world will end. Not true.

Jim

rufe-snow
January 27, 2003, 11:38 PM
"Dalvar Of USA" who imported your RADOM P-83 "VANAD" Pistol still has a operational Web-Site, with contact information. They might be able to help you obtain a spare/replacement recoil spring?

http://www.dalvar.net/guns.html

alan
January 27, 2003, 11:49 PM
Jim Keenan:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep it in mind. As to why the concern with changing a recoil spring, the pistol I mentioned is BLOW-BACK, about the only thing that keeps the action closed is the recoil spring, along with the mass of the slide.

I also have a Makarov in same caliber, changed recoil spring after about 5000 rounds of full power reloads, a 93 grain hard cast bullet, the load breaks 1100 f/s. Ejection pattern of fired cases was markedly different with a new, factory equivalent spring from Wolff. They do not do a spring for the Radom.

As to routine replacement of gun springs, with 45 ACP pistols, I change the recoil spring at 2000-3000 rounds, this based on recommendation from people who have built the things. While the prices for springs has gone up a bit, they are still cheap.

alan
January 28, 2003, 12:06 AM
rufe-snow:

I knew about that web site. Thanks anyhow. Problem is the following. When one e-mails, using the address shown shown at that site, no response is had, which leads me to believe that there is a problem of sorts.

January 28, 2003, 12:52 AM
Is this it ?
http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/RadomNF.html

If not, I believe that Wolff will make you up a spring.

alan
January 28, 2003, 11:39 AM
444:

Thanks for the assist, however you are unfortunatly sailing on the wrong tack.

The Wolff data you linked to is for the P-35 pistol, not the P-83. entirely different animals. I had also called Wolff, and was told that they didn't make the item I'm looking for, not did they anticipate so doing, in the jear future.

If you enjoyed reading about "recoil spring, where to get?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!