Suggestons for scoped pistol

PDA

jimaw2
May 27, 2011, 02:51 PM
I am at the point where I have to wear reading glasses to use the iron sights on my revolver which, of course, makes for a very blurry target. I can not bring myself to scope a revolver so I am looking into a pistol. I shoot mostly at 50 yds but do like to plink at longer ranges, no hunting. I am looking at a 9mm, 10 mm or 45. I am planning to just use a red dot scope with no magnification. I had a scoped g-20 Glock which worked well enough but I would like to stay away from the striker fired pistols to get a better trigger. Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestons for scoped pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jimaw2
May 27, 2011, 02:53 PM
I forgot to mention it has to be a california "approved" pistol:barf:

hardluk1
May 27, 2011, 03:16 PM
Pick a pistol?? How about a mid priced 1911 with some trigger and fireing pin work you could have great play gun and then a rear site mount for a burris dot or doc site.Grip mount or a slide drilled and tapped mount . Hk has there to costly ,for me, 45 set up for a dot in a recess. Guess it way more about the pistol you like first. Someone makes a mount that will work on most pistols. Check out burris halo dot and the bases for it.

priler
May 27, 2011, 08:53 PM
there are basically three easy ways to go about this but it's up to you which is better and with what combo.

1)buy a pistol whos frame is already drilled to take a scope mount,like an eaa/witness elite limited who also sells the mounts,and use whatever optics works for you.

2)intall one of the small type red dots in place of the rear sight on whatever pistol the manufacturer designs them for.

3)buy a scope mount that installs on your pistols accessory rail and mount whatever optics works for you,..just make sure there's clearance for ejecting cases.

as to a "better trigger",that will depend on what pistol you get and possibly what you can do to improve the trigger.

good luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestons for scoped pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!