Weapons for Accessories

PDA

The-Reaver
May 28, 2011, 12:06 AM
What accessories would you guys be willing to give up some of your guns for?

I am looking at a $2000 set of 7 Bravo Night Vision Optics
and wan't to know if your guys would possibly give up a Socom 16. I paid 1700 with taxes so it would be a gain if I had to resell.

What do you guys think Go or No-go?

If you enjoyed reading about "Weapons for Accessories" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gordon_Freeman
May 28, 2011, 12:15 AM
I would say no. I'm guessing the night vision will come down in price eventually. It might take several years, who knows?

USAF_Vet
May 28, 2011, 11:09 AM
Skip it, unless you have a serious need for night vision optics.

Hunting at night isn't allowed in many states, and most ranges are closed at night as well. I've seen Russian milsurps NV Goggles for quite a bit less than $2k, and I've been eyeballing a NV monocular 2x24 hand held scope for $250. While it can't mount on a weapon, with enough ingenuity one could do so with a fair amount of ease. Now for how accurate it might be, or how well it may hold up to recoil is not something I want to spend $250 finding out.

Sky
May 28, 2011, 11:19 AM
I paid $350 (opticsplanet) for my ATN night scope that stays on my night hunting pig popping AR. It is a gen one but for me out to 125 yards without the IR it works great. It is heavy (Russian); think around two pounds with IR attached or a tad bit less without but once set on zero I have never had to re-zero.

hso
May 28, 2011, 02:05 PM
Guy at Ar15 had a used pair up for about $1k.

If you actually need these then it is a reasonable deal. If you just want a pair then you're upside down and a good used pair would probably be better.

If you enjoyed reading about "Weapons for Accessories" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!