Pricing for used/LNIB Glock 27

PDA

bcp280z
May 28, 2011, 05:54 AM
Backstory:

I bought this 2 months ago, just cause I've never tried a Glock before, works fine and I no longer discriminate against Glocks for their bulky handles or overdone popularity, got a G23 a few days after.

But i'm just as accurate with it as my J frame and the 438's much easier to carry so I'm trying to get rid of it. I've only put 40rds through it, bought a Pierce +2(only adds 1 though) grip extension just for comfort with the full hand grip.
So it's Like new, was in almost unsused condition when I got it, no visible wear/functioned flawlessly. Has orig box, lock, papers, one 9rd, one 10rd w/extension.

I paid $480 for it, is there anything wrong with selling it for $470?

Gunbroker lists them from $400-520 with assorted conditions/accessories, New they're around $505 or so right?

Never done a FTF sale only purchases, so just asking if yall think it's a fair deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pricing for used/LNIB Glock 27" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jon86
May 28, 2011, 08:04 AM
I think that's a very fair asking price. If it doesn't sell as quickly as you like, drop it down to $450 or so. Good luck.

Aiko492
May 28, 2011, 12:57 PM
Is it a Gen 3? $450-475 is a fair range.

Ledgehammer
May 28, 2011, 05:20 PM
I don't see why someone would pay 470 for a used one when $20 more gets you a NIB. Stranger things have happened i guss though. You can always lower your price if it doesn't move. I recently sold a G19 for 400 slightly used.

As a gun buyer I rather pay extra 20 for new. If I buy used it needs to be significantly lower than the new price. Just me though ymmv

Once you add shipping and transfer fee the guy could have bought new from lgs and saved money.

GLOOB
May 28, 2011, 06:28 PM
Once you add shipping and transfer fee the guy could have bought new from lgs and saved money.
Well, in some states FTF sales are common and quite easy. So you save tax. In my state ~$50.00 worth. So that's ~$70.00 cheaper.

For a gun like a Glock or a Ruger handgun, what you see is more often than not what you get. Used or new, it probably has the same chance of having problems. If the orignial buyer had an issue, Glock would have taken care of it. If you have an issue, Glock will still take care of it for minimal cost. If it looks new, might as well be new.

So it's Like new, was in almost unsused condition when I got it, no visible wear/functioned flawlessly. Has orig box, lock, papers, one 9rd, one 10rd w/extension.

I paid $480 for it, is there anything wrong with selling it for $470?
If you bought it used, and put 40 rounds through it and didn't damage the finish, then it's in the same condition as when you bought it + the Pierce extension. You shouldn't feel bad asking for w/e the market will bear, even if it's more than you originally paid. In this case, I think a like new G27 usually goes for 475 in my area. 470 sounds fair, to me.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
May 28, 2011, 06:34 PM
I would much rather pay even $100 more for a new one that I know came straight from the factory than one that has had one or more owners!

That is just me, I don't buy things used as I look at it that people are trying to get rid of stuff they don't like for one reason or another. :uhoh:

I just don't like the thought that I may be buying "someone-elses problem."

bcp280z
May 28, 2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the tips, I think I'll throw in some ammo and drop the price a little.
The previous/orig owner had to sell because he just had a kid, I have something just as good but thinner/lighter, don't need two of the same.

BTW if any of yall live on the NW FL Panhandle... ;)

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f68/wtt-glock-27-a-89217/#post670552

bcp280z
May 30, 2011, 03:19 AM
Hey I know yall may be tired of the which gun to buy threads or my silly questions but, if yall would click the link I posted for my ad, some guy's offering a '68 Single six, was just wondering if you thought it would be good, I sent him a message asking about tightness and rifling, I've never had that "old" of a firearm, do you think it would function fine? don't revolvers wear out over time vs autos? or do you think from such a weak caliber it should still be like new. I just want a safe fun woods gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pricing for used/LNIB Glock 27" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!