XD Owners: Which trigger kit do you suggest?

PDA

spartan00054
May 28, 2011, 09:43 PM
I am looking to do a trigger job on my XD45 Tactical. My pistol does not have the thumb safety.

If you enjoyed reading about "XD Owners: Which trigger kit do you suggest?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
schmeky
May 28, 2011, 10:07 PM
I tried one you have listed. Took it out. Wound up doing my own, cost about $10.00 and was very good+ to excellent.

CZ57
May 28, 2011, 10:09 PM
I voted PRP Ultimate Match, but I have the Match Easy Fit in my XDm .45 acp. The Ultimate Match is an upgrade from the Match Easy and the trigger stop is on the trigger so it should be easier to eliminate overtravel and have the trigger break like a breakglass. My pull is around 4# and reset is shortened as is take-up. I am very satisfied with mine. If I had waited a couple of months the Ultimate kit would have been available and I would have opted for it. Fitting the overtravel stop in mine was the trickiest part of the installation and fits internally. I will probably, at some point, buy the parts and upgrade to the Ultimate. Good Luck.;)

possum
May 28, 2011, 10:44 PM
I have over 20K through my xd, I do not think that there is a trigger job that is necessary per say. They get smoother with time, I saw a big difference after 1k-1.5 k. After that it has always been nice and smooth. The only thing that I might would get a trigger job on an xd for would be the reset but the take up and the press is not that bad in my opinion. I have become accustomed to it I guess. However I am more accurate with that handgun than any other ever, including tricked out 1911's, raceguns, etc.

spartan00054
May 28, 2011, 11:06 PM
The takeup and reset are my major concerns. I am looking to get into doing IPSC after being invited to join a group of IPSC guys who were practicing at the range the other day. My performance was, in a word that will not earn me an infraction, poor, but it was so much fun that I caught the bug. As a rifle shooter, I've spoiled myself with nice triggers in my ARs and really miss that short take up, positive letoff, and fast reset in my pistol.

CZ57
May 28, 2011, 11:31 PM
The PRP Ultimate kit will get you what you want!;)

OldStumps
May 29, 2011, 08:22 AM
I did the Powder River PEF in my XDm .40. It took care of all my pre-travel and over-travel issues. Replaced the timing plate in back, couple of springs and added the little plastic over-travel stop. It was about $90 I think. Totally transformed the gun, and all internal safeties operate normally. Call PRP and get their opinion. I think you'll get very honest appraisal and rec.

340PD
May 30, 2011, 01:51 PM
I had an PR easy fit kit put in for $35 from my local gunsmith. It took him awhile to get it right but the trigger reset was cut in half on my XDm 45. Just smoothing the internal parts reduced the trigger pull wt. down ti 5.5 lbs. Money well spent.

ZXD9
May 30, 2011, 01:57 PM
I sent my XD9 off to Canyon Creek. Very happy with the results.

If you enjoyed reading about "XD Owners: Which trigger kit do you suggest?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!