PM9/CM9 Owners-Does this look right?

PDA

commygun
May 29, 2011, 08:27 PM
So I bought a new Kahr CM9 yesterday. I didn't notice it in the store but the hole in the slide for the barrel is more oval than truly round, leaving a semi-circular gap above the barrel when the slide is forward. Is it supposed to be that way on these guns? I haven't fired the gun yet but I haven't noticed this in other pistols and I'm curious if this is normal for this model. Hopefully the picture conveys what I'm talking about.

If you enjoyed reading about "PM9/CM9 Owners-Does this look right?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
txgunsuscg
May 29, 2011, 08:33 PM
Just throwing this out, but I believe it is like the Sig, i.e., the hole is oval to allow the barrel to tilt upwards when it unlocks from the slide.

railroader
May 29, 2011, 08:40 PM
http://www.gun-tests.com/newspics/23_6/0611-KAHR-CM9-ANGLED-DSC_8256.jpg Looks the same here. Mark

Caliper_RWVA
May 29, 2011, 08:47 PM
the hole is oval to allow the barrel to tilt upwards when it unlocks from the slide.

^ This. Most auto loaders that use a cammed barrel (as opposed to the barrel link in a 1911 design) will look like this.

txgunsuscg
May 29, 2011, 08:51 PM
Checked my Glocks. They have the same oval, and they have the same style locking system.... I got rid of my Kahr years ago, so I can't look at it...

commygun
May 29, 2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I should have known this but the oval is not as pronounced on my CW40 so it set me to wondering if this was correct.

Ramone
May 29, 2011, 09:13 PM
looks just he same as my PM9

franco45
May 29, 2011, 09:45 PM
Ditto, just checked my CM9 as well as my CW9 and CW45.

Apocalypse-Now
May 29, 2011, 09:51 PM
yep,, normal :)

99% of autopistols on the market today are base on john browning's recoil operation. that space is there to allow room for the barrel to cam up.

pull your slide back, and lock it open. you'll see the barrel is at an angle :)

If you enjoyed reading about "PM9/CM9 Owners-Does this look right?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!