Nra.....quit Wasting My Money !!!

PDA

Topgun
January 26, 2003, 03:30 PM
Besides being IRRITATING. If you want to be Time/Life or Home Shopping Network...........DO IT!

But............DON'T............waste my time and OUR money sending me videos.

Yes, I will return it unwatched. I won't use your video without paying for it.

But.....I DON'T WANT IT !!

I don't want the trouble of sending it back, although I will.

When shall I expect the CD's, books, food choppers, etc?

:cuss: :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Nra.....quit Wasting My Money !!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 26, 2003, 03:45 PM
I never get anything from them at all except my magazine. Why is that? Should I count myself lucky!

Sisco
January 26, 2003, 03:55 PM
I used to be first in line on thier junk mail list, anymore all I get is the magazine and an occasional "renew early" offer.
Not that I'm complaining..

PDshooter
January 26, 2003, 04:41 PM
I,m life member! and I used to get a ton of there stuff!:mad:
I called them and ask to be put on there " No pro-mo list"
Just a magazine every month:)

Topgun
January 26, 2003, 05:00 PM
The "mail back" box says on it that no funds from membership or donations are used for it, but it is still a hassle I don't want or need.

Hope they don't sell my name to HCI

mdsteele
January 26, 2003, 05:21 PM
I think I inadvertently got on their "don't send this deadbeat anything list". I got a video, and kind of liked it. I was slow to send the payment in and now all I get is a magazine.:( Oh well.

Jason Demond
January 26, 2003, 05:47 PM
I just shipped the video and coin they sent me back. I called the phone number that was on the paper work, to find out the price that everything would cost if I decided to keep it. I don't remember who it was that answered the phone, but it wasn't the NRA. I didn't watch the video, but I am pretty sure it was the same as Tails of the Gun.

BerettaNut92
January 26, 2003, 08:16 PM
Where the heck IS my magazine anyhow??

swingset
January 27, 2003, 04:54 AM
Here's one of those really crazy ideas. I mean NUTS.

Wouldn't it be neat if the NRA used some of it's junk mail fund to buy some adverts on Superbowl night, or during Oprah showing the positive uses and good that firearms can do?

Dang, that might just preach to the people who need to hear it but get nothing but Dr. Phil and George Clooney.

No, scratch that. Stupid idea. What was I thinking?:rolleyes:

mjustice
January 27, 2003, 10:17 AM
I don't know what I did, but my junk mail flow from the NRA went from 1-2 pieces a week down to just my copy of AFF each month. I guess they figured out that I don't respond to mail pleadings...

I agree that they could save money on those mailings and buy a few Superbowl ads.

MJ

Poodleshooter
January 27, 2003, 12:03 PM
I got the last video. One problem-I don't have a TV! :D
I'd prefer less mailings, but that is how they make the their money. I'd still like to see the numbers on how much that brings in, however.

Steve Smith
January 27, 2003, 12:16 PM
Do you really think that complaining about this on THR is going to help the situation at all? If you do not wish to receive all the mailings from the NRA simply CALL THEM and ask to be placed on the reduced mailing list. Easy as that!

As an aside, thanks to congress, your membership dues my not be used to further the NRA's political agendas. Your dues help with administration and printing of mailings that boost membership. Your DONATIONS are what are used for political battles.

pahrumpcaveman
January 27, 2003, 02:16 PM
I have been thinking of canceling my NRA membership and giving more to the other organizations like the GOA or the Second Amendment Foundation . I'm kind of tired of the NRA's soft stance .

BerettaNut92
January 27, 2003, 03:31 PM
I have been thinking of canceling my NRA membership and giving more to the other organizations like the GOA or the Second Amendment Foundation . I'm kind of tired of the NRA's soft stance .

I have too, but sucked it up and renewed. They ARE the big dogs whether we like it or not....

MountainPeak
January 27, 2003, 09:03 PM
The promotions/offerings/junk mail or what ever you want to call them, raise membership and dollars as a whole! They wouldn't be doing it if it weren't. Sheese!!:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Nra.....quit Wasting My Money !!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!