40 S&W Loads with Rainier 165gr Bullets

PDA

GunAdmirer
May 30, 2011, 10:52 PM
I bought a big box of Rainier 165 flat point plated .40 S&W bullets. I've been working up medium velocity range practice and IDPA loads with Titegroup and am now working with Power Pistol. I also have HS6 available. I am shooting a brand new Glock 22 and fairly new 23c.

Any favorite loads with Titegroup, Power Pistol or HS-6? Any powder particularly better than another?

I've found 4.4-4.6 grains of Titegroup to be nice loads. Even 4.2 gr cycles both pistols.

Don't worry. I know to work up my own loads using several sources of published data. Just wondering what your favorites are with these or similar same weight bullets.

If you enjoyed reading about "40 S&W Loads with Rainier 165gr Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bush Pilot
May 30, 2011, 11:04 PM
You already mentioned my favorite load, 4.4 grs of TG.

Steve Koski
May 30, 2011, 11:32 PM
I shot a lot of 165 grain plated bullets with 6.5 grains of Unique. That's more power than you need for the IDPA power floor of 125. Try Bush Pilot's load.

Koski

THe Dove
May 31, 2011, 01:42 PM
I shoot that boolit in my 3rd Gen Glock 22 with 4.0 gr of Tightgroup. Works well for me.

The Dove

CatsEye
May 31, 2011, 09:40 PM
I have shot a bunch of those bullets over 4.0 gr Titegroup. It is a pretty light .40 load that cycles my XD just fine and is well above IDPA PF. I also have shot quite a few loaded with 5.4 gr of Power Pistol. It isn't as soft as the Titegroup load but is a nice reduced power load that works well.

GunAdmirer
June 4, 2011, 06:00 PM
I got to shoot and reload quite a bit this past week on my "staycation". My favorites so far:

4.4 gr. Titegroup (light IDPA/range load)
6.6 gr. Power Pistol (full power factory type load)

Wondering if HS-6 is less flashy and loud as Power Pistol.

Corner Pocket
June 4, 2011, 07:00 PM
I shoot a lot of cast bullets in my CZ 75B .40. However, I really like loading Berry's plated (155 gr) when powered with 8.0 gr of HS-6. (This may be the most accurate of the .40 S&W loads that I've put together.) :D

Corner Pocket

Steve Koski
June 4, 2011, 11:21 PM
GA,

Unique is less flashy/loud than power pistol. But TiteGroup is probably even better. You can get up to full power loads with TG, it's just a little touchier than Unique or PP, and you can't get "better than factory" velocities.

Koski

If you enjoyed reading about "40 S&W Loads with Rainier 165gr Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!