Question on statement in Ruger SR1911 manual

PDA

RON in PA
May 31, 2011, 05:02 PM
In the owner's manual for the Ruger SR1911 there is a paragraph on dry firing the gun. Basically it's OK, but they add the caveat to always have the magazine in the gun when doing so.

So my question is why, it's a 1911. What could keeping the mag in the gun possibly protect. I understand that Ruger had trouble with one of its DA pistols and dry firing, but that's a totally different design.

Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on statement in Ruger SR1911 manual" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wow6599
May 31, 2011, 05:12 PM
Probably so they can try and sneak in a mag disconnect in the future..........:rolleyes:

ichiban
May 31, 2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe a "cut & paste" from a different (SR9?) manual?

ohwell
May 31, 2011, 06:29 PM
My manual says the same but if you look at the pdf manual on Rugers website they have removed part of the last sentence pertaining to having a magazine in the gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on statement in Ruger SR1911 manual" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!