It has arrived (SR1911)

PDA

mnhntr
May 31, 2011, 09:28 PM
I picked up my SR1911 today and while the weather is too crappy to shoot tonight, so far I am impressed. I stripped and cleaned and lubed it for a shooting session in the AM. The pistol in fit and finish quality, seems to be a step above my Springfield SS GI that has been customized with lots of ED Brown parts and Trijicon sights. It seems to be a close second to my TRP. I would put it dead even with my STI Lawman. The test will be shooting it in the morning. I will come back with a full range report.

If you enjoyed reading about "It has arrived (SR1911)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZ57
May 31, 2011, 10:01 PM
Congrats on the new pistol. Looking forward to your range report.;)

FMJMIKE
May 31, 2011, 10:07 PM
Nice !!! How much did it cost ?

RightCoastBiased
May 31, 2011, 10:59 PM
Nice pick up. This will likely be my next purchase and will do range and night stand duty. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay out the door?

nosbocaj
May 31, 2011, 11:14 PM
Sweet! That's my next purchase. Not a single shop in my area has one or has any clue when they'll get them though. :banghead: I hope you like it! I'll be checking back for your range report.

mnhntr
May 31, 2011, 11:22 PM
I got it on GB for $699

CZF
June 1, 2011, 01:22 AM
Black or blued.

Commander or even CCO/Officer's size.

.38 Super or 9mm versions please Ruger.

I see where a lot of people (like myself) hope to see some
newer sizes and finishes coming from the Ruger folks.

The full sized .45 is too big for some to carry and shoot, including a lot of women.

I always try not to laugh when I see a tiny woman struggling with the big 1911 and her tiny hands, but emphasize the benefits of shooting a .45 Government or other standard sized gun.

Most of them carry the gun and try to shoot it well because their
other half told them that it was right for them.

One of the selling points of a 1911 for women is that it's a slim gun
with an easy trigger.

Not so good if you are male or female with a small stature and
small hands.

For Ruger to offer more variations of the SR1911 makes good sense.

Dobe
June 1, 2011, 08:01 AM
Not so good if you are male or female with a small stature and
small hands.

At 5'5" and small hands, the 1911 fits me well. I carry a full size 1911 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special. The ergonomics of a 1911 are such that it fits most hands. Yet it certainly is not a light handgun.

ISO1600
June 1, 2011, 10:17 AM
My wife (5'4", small hands) loves her SR1911. Fits her hands well, just gets a little heavy for her after a few hours at the range.

If you enjoyed reading about "It has arrived (SR1911)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!