Sigma -vs- S&W 59

PDA

Onward Allusion
June 1, 2011, 01:34 PM
I have an opportunity to trade one of my Sigmas (SW9VE) for a S&W 1st Gen 59 in excellent condition. It's not exactly a 1 for 1 trade. The other guy wants my Sigma plus $50.

As an aside, I collect the 59XX (1st thru 4th gen) and have a number of them. This one would just be another one for the stable.

Good trade???

If you enjoyed reading about "Sigma -vs- S&W 59" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Madcap_Magician
June 1, 2011, 01:42 PM
Trading out of a Sigma for almost anything sounds like a great idea to me.

wally
June 1, 2011, 02:44 PM
The 59 isn't made any more the Sigma is, so if you want a Gen 1, go for it! You can replace the Sigma later if you want, the new SD series might even be a better replacement.

carbuncle
June 1, 2011, 02:47 PM
Yes, there's no collector value to a Sigma. Unless you have an emotional attachment to it (first gun or something) or really enjoy shooting it, the 59 is a much better piece for the collection. No rip on the Sigma, for what they are they fit the need, but they're common and not highly regarded.

mgmorden
June 1, 2011, 03:48 PM
I'd probably make that trade. Nothing wrong with the Sigma for what it is, but the old 59 is a better gun.

Thaddeus Jones
June 1, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'd make that trade and grin all the way to the range! :) The 59 is an excellent pistol. Accurate and reliable with a nice trigger. TJ

Onward Allusion
June 1, 2011, 05:05 PM
Going to do the trade.

This particular Sigma was one that I bought new for around $300 and came with the 2 mag rebate. I'd only put about 500 rounds through it.

The 59 only comes with the original 14 round mag. While the Sigma would go with 4 mags. It looks like at worst it would be an even trade, but the 59 will definitely appreciate in value (not that I plan on selling any).

Thanks all!

Remllez
June 1, 2011, 07:20 PM
It's a good trade for you no matter how you cut it....pretty sure the 59 will hold value better than the Sigma. The 59 trigger compared to the Sigma is night and day. A collectable that you can shoot! It don't get no better than that. The mags are a bit pricey but ya gotsa have at least 2....:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Sigma -vs- S&W 59" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!