Whats the going rate for Once fired Shotgun hulls

PDA

marcodo
June 1, 2011, 02:27 PM
I have a bunch of once fired winchester and federal 12g hulls and want to sell them locally...whats the going rate?

I have about a 1000 or so

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats the going rate for Once fired Shotgun hulls" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOWARD J
June 1, 2011, 03:44 PM
10 cents each or whatever the traffic will bear.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
June 1, 2011, 03:46 PM
If you happen to be standing next to me when I happen to shoot my shotgun, you can have the empties for free, just for picking them up! I guess the rate is how much someone is willing to spend or not spend for your 1,000 shells.

Uniquedot
June 1, 2011, 04:05 PM
You didn't say what type of hulls. Win AA's? Fed GM's? those are the only two from these makers that folks care about. The best hulls for reloading shotshells are Rem. sts and i get them for 3.5 cents each the other two i mentioned are worth that also, but if you have the cheap fed, and win hulls you can expect to get $5.00 per 500 from a new reloader not yet familiar with quality hulls.

NCsmitty
June 1, 2011, 08:08 PM
As mentioned, value is based on types, and some are more desirable than others. Check on www.gunbroker.com for an idea on prices.

NCsmitty

HOWARD J
June 1, 2011, 10:42 PM
@uniquedot

Where do you get STS & AA hulls for 3.5 cents?
I want to get in on that! ! ! !
Please advise
HJ

evan price
June 2, 2011, 02:46 AM
Howard: I get them for free from the range. I shoot a lot of shotgun and where I live it is not uncommon to have hundreds of of hulls just left lying, especially towards hunting season.

The Rem Gun Club hulls are about as good as any I've found, like STS.

There is also the new AA and old AA hulls. They are different quality. They cheapened them down.
The el-chapo walmart hulls aren't worth more than scrap value by the pound.

HOWARD J
June 2, 2011, 08:53 AM
I don't need any hulls--I was curious where he gets his for 3.5 cents--if frt & handling get involved the cost will over double.
Where I shoot you have to pick up your hulls--most take theirs home.
I still have a few loaded hulls

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6028/reloadedshotgunshells.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/reloadedshotgunshells.jpg/)

marcodo
June 2, 2011, 08:55 AM
Definitly the cheapo ones from Walmart. I'll see what I get. Thanks for the help.

BTW can you still use the cheap hulls anyways?

oneounceload
June 2, 2011, 12:27 PM
The cheap hulls aren't worth reloading more than once. As a result, no one sells them. If someone picks them up off the ground at the club, they're his to take.

Target hulls, especially the Remingtons, in 12 or 20, are worth about .05-.08 in once-fired condition - that's without shipping.

28 and 410 Winchester AAs, once fired, are worth about .08-.010 each, again without shipping

Uniquedot
June 5, 2011, 03:15 PM
Where do you get STS & AA hulls for 3.5 cents?
I want to get in on that! ! ! !
Please advise
HJ

I get them for that price from a friend that doesn't reload, but you can buy them from grafs for $36.94 shipped for 500 and additional lots of 500 are only $31.99 with no extra shipping. Still not a bad deal for sts hulls.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats the going rate for Once fired Shotgun hulls" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!