browning T-Bolt .22

PDA

whalerman
June 1, 2011, 06:53 PM
I always enjoy shooting .22's and I'm looking at the Browning T-Bolt. Any thoughts or experiences? The darn thing sure is expensive for a rimfire.

If you enjoyed reading about "browning T-Bolt .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
supercalvin56
June 1, 2011, 07:30 PM
I know the early ones were very often salt guns. If you are looking at those....look closely.

VA27
June 1, 2011, 10:24 PM
I had one of the early ones and it was very accurate with nearly everything I ran through it. A friend of mine bought one in 22 mag and let me shoot it. Very light and accurate and very accurate with ammo that it likes.

whalerman
June 1, 2011, 11:44 PM
What is a salt gun?

Cypress
June 2, 2011, 12:11 AM
Back when Browning was getting the guns from FN (Belgium made guns) they were using salt to cure some of the stocks. Turned out to be a bad idea and many of these old treasures are severly pitted below the wood line. Check carefully. If your talking about the new manufacture T-bolts then salt is not an issue. By the way, the old school T-bolt is my all time favorite .22 rifle. I'd love to find a few.

natman
June 2, 2011, 03:43 AM
Just to put the salt wood problem in perspective, this happened in the late 60s - early 70s. The only T-bolts it could affect are some of the first design.

If you're considering buying a new redesigned T-bolt, it's a non-issue. They are very nicely made guns.

whalerman
June 2, 2011, 08:51 AM
I didn't realize the design had been that long. Learn something every day. I sure didn't know about salt. All I knew was I was supposed to eat less of it.

DM~
June 2, 2011, 11:21 AM
I think the "salt" issue is much over blown... Yes, there were some guns ruined by salt but i bet at most, it was only a few T-bolts.

Here's my origional T-bolt,

http://fototime.com/13B5D3BC410D66D/orig.jpg

I wish Browning had stayed with the origional design, but that doesn't mean the new ones aren't good guns. I just like the steel magazine and older trigger design much better.

DM

Horsemany
June 2, 2011, 10:06 PM
I've got one of the new ones and it's a really good shooter. Very light and points well. Very well thought out gun that balances well. Mine shoots just about everything O.K.

If you enjoyed reading about "browning T-Bolt .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!