John Day Cattle co.

PDA

Iggy
June 1, 2011, 07:20 PM
Does anyone here have any knowledge of John Day Cattle Co. Holsters out of Texas?
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p246/Iggy25/JohnDayCattleCoHolster.png
This is a rather nice one for a Govt Model 1911

If you enjoyed reading about "John Day Cattle co." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bamabiker
June 3, 2011, 11:37 PM
I don't know anything about them Iggy but you are certainly right, that's a nice one.

Iggy
June 4, 2011, 09:18 AM
AB
I think this one has been around. Feller I got it from was here in Wyoming, he said he got it from a guy in FLA what got it from a guy in Canada. It's got more miles on it than I do.

I got it for it for a good price and was interested in it's origin.

Mike Faires
June 4, 2011, 10:31 AM
The craftsman's name is Al Jensen. He made leather in Houston for several years starting in the early 90's next door to Cimmaron's Houston office. He made all of the Houston gun shows and major SASS shoots for years.
I believe he moved to Montana in the early part of the century ( 2001) something to do with family.
Those that new him well called him "Smilin Al" cause he didn't. I still have 2 of his cartridge belts and I think 2 or 3 holster for single actions.

Mike Faires

Iggy
June 5, 2011, 12:28 AM
Wow, Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Mike Faires
June 8, 2011, 03:34 PM
Should you decide to let it go please keep me in mind.

Iggy
June 9, 2011, 09:42 PM
Will do.

If you enjoyed reading about "John Day Cattle co." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!