All I needed was some chlorine tablets

PDA

Jbabbler
June 3, 2011, 12:58 PM
Ran in to the new Academy Sports last night to grab some pool chemicals and left with:
3 bags of Shock Bottle of PH UP Water test kit Sig SP2022 pool thermometer

Can't believe I forgot the dang chlorine tabs.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/jbabbler/Sig/IMG-20110603-00998.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "All I needed was some chlorine tablets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
June 3, 2011, 01:54 PM
As much as I love Academy, its not the best place to buy pool chemicals :)

Jbabbler
June 3, 2011, 01:58 PM
True, but I felt I needed a legitimate excuse to go in there. :D They had some very good deals on handguns. I almost grabbed an LC9 for $349 but I want to wait a while for them to iron out any issues.

tekarra
June 4, 2011, 06:14 PM
I didn't know Academy sold pool supplies. I seldom get past the firearms section, guess I will have to do some exploring.

dfariswheel
June 4, 2011, 08:04 PM
This is common at any store that sells general merchandise and guns.

You can see heel marks on the floors where shopping carts have dragged unwilling male shoppers toward the gun department.

jojo200517
June 5, 2011, 12:55 AM
Well it seems like you have a couple problems here. For one, you forgot the chlorine tablets and the next thing is you bought the overpriced PH plus stuff instead of the much cheaper baking soda.

You could clearly use the savings in pool chemicals to buy more ammo.

Now I'm not so sure academy sells baking soda in fact like many others I have rarely made it past the gun counter, but I can inform you that Walmart does indeed sell baking soda in large bags and at least in my store it is right over from the gun counter with the other pool stuff.

dogtown tom
June 5, 2011, 01:11 AM
dfariswheel This is common at any store that sells general merchandise and guns.

You can see heel marks on the floors where shopping carts have dragged unwilling male shoppers toward the gun department.

Huh?:scrutiny:
I think you meant unwilling FEmale shoppers.:D

Jbabbler
June 6, 2011, 11:29 AM
I had never heard of Academy before they opened this one last month. I "assumed" they would be overpriced when I saw the gun counter but was pleasantly surprised to see that their prices matched most of the online deals I find. They still can't beat Eds for Glocks though.

NavyLCDR
June 6, 2011, 08:58 PM
Well it seems like you have a couple problems here. For one, you forgot the chlorine tablets and the next thing is you bought the overpriced PH plus stuff instead of the much cheaper baking soda.

Boraxo laundry additive works better.

If you enjoyed reading about "All I needed was some chlorine tablets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!