Any Thompson collectors here?

PDA

Tom Hudson
June 3, 2011, 03:47 PM
one of the guys on a non-gun forum came up with this box at a garage sale - looks like a Thopmson stock as well as some very interesting stuff - if interested drop me a note - Please no tire kickers - tom
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL93/471113/23612094/397080918.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Thompson collectors here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tom Hudson
June 3, 2011, 03:53 PM
I just found one for 30 bucks - I was thinking that it might be worth more than that - anyway the other stuff is pretty interesting - tom

Owen Sparks
June 3, 2011, 06:11 PM
What else is in the box? It looks like WWII era stuff.

AlexanderA
June 3, 2011, 10:46 PM
There are tons of brand new, original Thompson buttstocks out there. At the recent Chantilly, Va., gun show, there was a guy with a box of maybe 50 new, unissued M1928A1 stocks (the early ones without the reinforcing crossbolt), and he was trying to sell them 3 for $10, and not getting many takers. I picked up one with the crossbolt at the Aberdeen, Md., jeep rally for $3 (it had obviously never been on a gun).

So the wood is cheap. The hardware to go on it is expensive -- a set of buttplate, swivel, mounting bracket, screws, etc., goes for about $60 in used condition.

The photo shows the bare wood of the less-desirable M1 model. It would be interesting to see what else is in the box.

Owen Sparks
June 3, 2011, 11:00 PM
Me too, forget the Thompson what else is in the box?

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Thompson collectors here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!