Problem with my new PM9

PDA

wow6599
June 4, 2011, 09:42 PM
I went today and shot 100 rds to bring the total round count to 213 on my PM9, with zero failures. I get home and break it down for cleaning and I notice the flange/nut for the inner spring on the guide rod set-up is gone. I did a google search and found a couple of mentions about this, but not much.

Anybody know how common this is? It never missed a beat, but I'm sure it could have caused a problem. I know Kahr will send me one (better be sent overnight) when I call on Monday............any words of wisdom out there?

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with my new PM9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
seed
June 4, 2011, 10:28 PM
Don't know about this issue, but I would suggest not demanding overnight delivery. As long as they send it within 5-6 business days, that is reasonable. Last I checked, Kahr is improving again in QC and CS...give them a chance to prove it to you.

wow6599
June 4, 2011, 10:53 PM
Don't know about this issue, but I would suggest not demanding overnight delivery. As long as they send it within 5-6 business days, that is reasonable.

No disrespect seed, but a $600 + poly gun having a a part break at the 213 round mark is........not reasonable, IMHO.

Apocalypse-Now
June 5, 2011, 02:10 AM
^^agreed. this is why i'm not a kahr fan.

hollowpointt
June 5, 2011, 08:50 AM
All firearms break some when new other later. Kahr has a history in my opinion of problems when the firearm is new ( My CW45 made one trip prepaid back to Kahr) but I am sure you new this when you made your purchase. Call them they will fix it . Turn around time for mine was eight days.

unclenunzie
June 5, 2011, 09:11 AM
I believe (but can't verify) that the nut is secured with red locktite. Might have missed a beat when it was assembled at the factory.

memphisjim
June 5, 2011, 09:19 AM
any gun can have problems
a buddy got a brand new m&p 40 and the rifling was completely shot out in the upper half of the barrel by 250 rounds
i chalk it up as a fluke

gb6491
June 5, 2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah, it's disappointing to lose a threaded part off a firearm. I've been there and done that. To help prevent it's recurrence, I include checking the tightness any threaded parts as part of the cleaning process. If you are of a mind you can make a flange nut that will suffice until the replacement arrives: http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3934
Regards,
Greg

wow6599
June 5, 2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks Greg.......I'll give it a shot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with my new PM9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!