new chiappa M4-22 upper on new plum crazy lower will not fire

PDA

olddog-newtrick
June 4, 2011, 08:56 PM
pinned it together round chamber's act's like firing pin not hitting no marks on the round pulled bcg out wiped off & oiled, put paint on firing pin, put back together went click. pullrd apart no paint on hammer. any thoughts thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "new chiappa M4-22 upper on new plum crazy lower will not fire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robert
June 4, 2011, 09:02 PM
Well the obvious thing is the hammer is not making contact with the firing pin which would indicate that something is not in spec. I know I am stating the obvious but maybe have a smith take a look at it. If it is so out of spec that the hammer is not making contact then something may be very wrong.

wally
June 4, 2011, 09:32 PM
If you can, put a known good upper on it to quickly isolate the problem to the Chiappa upper or the Plum Crazy lower.

If the Chiappa upper is the same "quality" as my 1911-22, that is where I'd place my bet, but testing by substitution is better than guessing.

olddog-newtrick
June 5, 2011, 03:08 PM
I found what could be the problem the pc hammer is wider than a ar hammer, they have a blow back hammer assembly. will call pcf in the am. thanks

rcmodel
June 5, 2011, 03:14 PM
I believe the Plastic Plum Crazy uses a plastic hammer & trigger instead of a steel hammer & trigger like a normal AR-15.

Maybe that might cause light strikes?

rc

olddog-newtrick
June 18, 2011, 03:54 PM
Swapped hammer on Plum Crazy Lower 25 rds. No FTF noFTE the rains came in. will post after 500 rds.

If you enjoyed reading about "new chiappa M4-22 upper on new plum crazy lower will not fire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!