SP2022 - where to get mags?

PDA

rbernie
June 4, 2011, 06:57 PM
I found a NIB DA/SA SP2022 9mm in stock locally for just over $400, and bought it. I'll take it to the range tomorrow and put a couple hundred rounds through it to see how it does.

I just finished stripping and cleaning it, and was surprised at how dry it was - the Sig grease was pretty well gone from most sliding surfaces. I gooped it up pretty liberally with Berryhills, which may not be Sig's preferred lube but is mine.

What is the least expensive source for mags for this pistol?

If you enjoyed reading about "SP2022 - where to get mags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
June 5, 2011, 04:03 PM
Put 200 rounds thru it today - a hundred WWB and a hundred 125 LRN handloads. Shoots well. The phosphated magazine was stiff to load at first but got progressively easier. Nothing notable to report, other than the fact that I like the ergos on this pistol (with the large backstrap) a bit better than my P226s.

Still looking for mags. The cheapest in-stock mags that I've found so far are at CDNN, but they're not cheap..

40dash1
June 5, 2011, 04:29 PM
Good luck, cheapest i found were at
topgunsupply
CDNN has the cheapest by far.

jeepguy
June 5, 2011, 10:01 PM
i second top gun supply, good prices & excellent customer service.

Snowbandit
June 5, 2011, 10:21 PM
I don't know about the prices but DK Mags is pretty good for hard to find magazines. They show the steel factory mag you want for $39.99. They're excellent to deal with too. Shipping is very fast.

www.dkmags.com

SGW42
June 6, 2011, 01:23 AM
Top Gun is my go-to place for Sig stuff. Not sure if they have the best price but they will take care of you.

docnyt
June 6, 2011, 01:47 AM
+1 on Top Gun Supply.

Also try GregCote. Got some SIG226 20 round mags from him at a great price.

rbernie
June 6, 2011, 08:32 AM
I checked TGS first, and sadly they were out. They are also a couple of dollars cheaper than CDNN.

AKElroy
June 6, 2011, 08:54 AM
TGS is the place I go for Sig stuff as well; hopefuly they will get more in. I got my large backstrap from them as well, really transformed the gun for me. Did you get nightsites for $400?? I picked up my 2022 at Academy for $389.00, a screaming deal, but it has the standard sights.

I got my carry rig (open top OWB pancake) from high noon; took a few months to get & pricey. Really tough to find holsters for this gun.

rbernie
June 6, 2011, 07:36 PM
Nightsight version was $450 - the three-dot version was $410 with both backstraps and one mag, and that's the one that I got.

I wonder if P229 holsters will work for this pistol - it seems pretty similar in shape and size...

AKElroy
June 7, 2011, 10:45 PM
I think the trigger guard may extend a little farther forward than the 229, but it may not matter in a loosely fitted rig.

simon_rook
June 9, 2011, 08:45 AM
My 229 holster dosent fit mine because of the rail on the 2022. My 229 moves loosely but locks into the Serpa for the 2022.
I just bought a handful of mags for mine from Midwest hunters outlet. They had two type one was 22.00 the other was 41. I called and asked they could only tell me the only difference was price,I got the cheaper ones. Sig manufactured, 15rnds, the only difference is the witness holes are on the side similar to the 229 instead of the rear. I received two parkerized and one blued.

rbernie
June 11, 2011, 10:58 PM
TGS got some magazines in stock, and I bought four of 'em. I'd like more, but they are seriously too much money to be buying them by the case.

I ran another 200 rounds through the pistol today - no issues, no fuss. All of the loads shot were handloads - light 125gr RN plinking rounds (4.2gr Red Dot, mixed brass, Rem primers).

A buddy of mine bought a SP2022 at Academy last week, and we shot them side-by-side. Out of the box, his would not reset the trigger completely using my loads - the hammer would appear cocked but not quite be fully cocked. A box of WWB worked fine, however, and subsequent use of my handloads after shooting the WWB gave no further issues.

If you enjoyed reading about "SP2022 - where to get mags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!