AA-2

PDA

TNBilly
June 5, 2011, 08:53 PM
Wondering if this is a common thing with this powder. Opened a new lb of no.2 today to work up some test loads for my 9mm Mak. I don't guess I was really surprised to see some of the powder sticking to the styro seal but it didn't end there. While it didn't seem to stick to the Lee dipper I was using (I keep it simple for a handful of round) I had powder sticking to all the inside corners of my scales tray. Figuring a little static I wiped down the tray with a bounce sheet. Helped a little but I had way too much powder hanging to trust the accuracy of the charge.

Anyone have this problem or better, have a solution? This is btw the only powder I've ever had stick to my tray. I can't use it as is.

If you enjoyed reading about "AA-2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
June 5, 2011, 10:09 PM
Most all powders stick to that paper seal.

AA #2 is not bad about sticking, so I would say you have a static electricity problem.

Seedtick
June 5, 2011, 11:38 PM
A little Static Guard sprayed on those used dryer sheets will make them work even better.

Static Guard (http://www.mystaticguard.com/)

Seedtick

:)

RidgwayCO
June 5, 2011, 11:52 PM
I use Accurate #2 extensively, and haven't ever noticed a static electricity problem. And it's pretty dry here in western Colorado...

evan price
June 6, 2011, 12:24 AM
All powder has Clingons on the seal, the stuff gets bounced around in transit. I'd say you need to reduce your static!

TNBilly
June 6, 2011, 10:48 AM
well if no one else has had or noticed the problem then it is a local problem so to speak. There probably is a problem at the scale itself I'll address. I can't think there was much static in the air yesterday, we actually got a little shower. The anti-static spray is an excellent idea, will try that as well. Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!

Walkalong
June 6, 2011, 12:22 PM
Cleaning the measure with Isopropyl Alcohol will help get rid of static as well.

TNBilly
June 7, 2011, 04:53 PM
My "workable" solution as suggested by Accurate is dusting both the tray and as well today my rcbs drop measure - with fine powdered graphite. a little messy perhaps but worked great.

Seedtick
June 7, 2011, 06:28 PM
My "workable" solution as suggested by Accurate is dusting both the tray and as well today my rcbs drop measure - with fine powdered graphite. a little messy perhaps but worked great.

I almost posted this link last night..........

Powdered Graphite (http://search.toolfetch.com/search?keywords=dixon+powdered+graphite)

I use this stuff all the time. If it's been a few days since I used a particular measure I will give it a dose of graphite before I ever put any (gun) powder in it.

It really seems to help or I surely wouldn't mess with the nasty stuff. I generally get it all over me before I'm through. :banghead:

Seedtick

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "AA-2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!