Kahr pm45 whacks my trigger finger, is cw45 better?

PDA

fewille
June 7, 2011, 12:57 AM
I really like the Kahr pm45, but it beats my trigger finger numb when I shoot it. Is the cw45 or p45 any better in that respect?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr pm45 whacks my trigger finger, is cw45 better?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
usp9
June 7, 2011, 09:21 AM
The longer grip of the P45 or CW45 should help. Both are still very light and have a bit of recoil. Neither my P45 and TP45 bother my trigger finger. I've never fired a PM45 though.

TucsonMTB
June 7, 2011, 10:49 AM
My PM40 abuses my trigger finger too. Duh! It's a .40 S&W.

Anyway, I usually put a fabric band-aid on the first joint with the pad strategically located. That keeps things tolerable. ;)

I do not recall my CW40, with the longer grip, causing real damage to the knuckle like the PM40. So, yes! You will probably enjoy shooting the CW45 or P45 more as a range toy. As usual, YMMV. :D

orionengnr
June 7, 2011, 10:23 PM
I had a PM45 and a P45 (similar to the CW45) as well as a PM9.
I shot the two 45s both "pretty close" to equally, and would say the difference between the two was minimal. The P45 holds an extra round--the five plus one of the PM45 strikes me as somewhat marginal.

I sold the PM to a friend who loves it and carries it regularly. I carried the PM9 for three years and the P45 for a year and a half. Still have both of them, and will keep and probably carry both again.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr pm45 whacks my trigger finger, is cw45 better?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!