which ak? need help!!!

PDA

gunguy1991
June 7, 2011, 01:50 PM
I am looking for a bulgarian ak-47 or 74 not sure which one yet. I would like to know which one would you guys pick and why? Price does not mater until it is over $1000 and then it would have to be a superb rifle. It is going to be my truck/shtf gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "which ak? need help!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JustinJ
June 7, 2011, 02:54 PM
Arsenal in which ever configuration you prefer.

This question is asked a lot so I would recomend doing a search to get the most info.

Jeremy2171
June 7, 2011, 02:57 PM
Check out Atlantic Arms....

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storecategory90.aspx

Plenty of nice options available...

Effigy
June 7, 2011, 04:39 PM
If you're willing to spend $1000 I'd go with an Arsenal SGL rifle in whatever configuration you like, then buy some magazines and whatever accessories you need (sling, cleaning kit, spare parts etc.).

The Watchman
June 7, 2011, 04:40 PM
The amd 65 is nice if your Looking for something that fits nice in a small case. That's what I keep under the back seat of the truck for road trips.

Centerfire has them for 399 with the feg receivers not crappy century ones!!!!

jeepguy
June 7, 2011, 05:27 PM
i agree with arsenal sgl 21, i love mine. i had mine for two months probably put between 500=700 rds. through her & i have not had one failure of any kind. i've tried steel 20 rounders, steel 30 rounders, tapco 30 rounders & the mag it came with, and not one malfunction. i picked up 500 rounds of silver bear that got wet and by the time it dried some of it had corroded, it even ate that up whithout a hiccup.

aka108
June 7, 2011, 05:35 PM
For a truck or SHTF gun I'd just get a Saiga in 7.62X39 or 223 and leave it stock as it comes from the box. It's the same wolf as any AK is, just dressed up like a sheep.

Effigy
June 7, 2011, 06:03 PM
That's not a bad suggestion either. If you don't care about the pistol grip, a standard Saiga would work fine. I'm not sure if they can use standard AK mags without conversion though, which would be a definite down side.

JustinJ
June 7, 2011, 06:09 PM
"For a truck or SHTF gun I'd just get a Saiga in 7.62X39 or 223 and leave it stock as it comes from the box. It's the same wolf as any AK is, just dressed up like a sheep."

Make sure the federal gov't has fallen though before you put a high cap magazine in that stock saiga or else you will be guilty of a felony.

Cal-gun Fan
June 7, 2011, 08:04 PM
Could you use hi-caps if you put on a US-made butstock and handguard? I know they make them, but would that work?

Gordon_Freeman
June 7, 2011, 10:42 PM
I vote for the Arsenal SGL. The fit and finish are great on those.

If you enjoyed reading about "which ak? need help!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!