Blazer CCI High Velocity Case + Ruger Mark III Targer

PDA

jetspeedz
June 8, 2011, 10:58 AM
Hi,

New here and just purchased a new Mark III Target, was wondering your guys/gals take on this ammo

http://www.shopdunns.com/products/1847/blazer_cci_high_velocity_22lr_case/

Looking to buy in bulk and if this is good im going to order a case.

I would like to hear from Ruger Owners who have first hand experience with this ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Blazer CCI High Velocity Case + Ruger Mark III Targer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
schnauzer
June 8, 2011, 11:40 AM
Should be OK to shoot any Standard or High velocity .22LR cartridge. As stated in the manual on pg. 14.
I routinely use the CCI mini-mags in mine.

jetspeedz
June 8, 2011, 01:47 PM
thanks

PO2Hammer
June 8, 2011, 03:24 PM
Welcome to The High Road.
I use Blazer in my 10/22, Mark II and my new Sig P220 conversion.
It's the only bulk/cheap ammo that reliably cycles all of them and has decent accuracy in all of them.
I paid $17.50 for a brick recently at my local farm supply store.

jetspeedz
June 8, 2011, 06:45 PM
Good to know thanks

J2FLAN
June 8, 2011, 11:07 PM
Keep in mind 22s can be ammo picky, you might try a box of 50 of several of the better priced ammo befor buying bulk, just to see what your gun likes.
Just an example, my MK 111 Hunter shot the ARMSCOR 36gr HV ok but, lacked the accuracy I got from the 36gr Mimi-Mags.

jetspeedz
June 9, 2011, 12:24 AM
I ended up getting a couple boxes of Remington Golden Bullets locally for a good deal and it came highly recommended. In the future I will try the CCI

PO2Hammer
June 9, 2011, 12:37 AM
A couple boxes of Remington should be enough to convince you to switch to CCI.

jetspeedz
June 9, 2011, 12:39 AM
funny you mention this b/c Advantage arms 22le conversions are very picky with ammo and they recommend the remington golden

http://advantagearms.hostasaurus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=GLKRecommended

PO2Hammer
June 9, 2011, 12:43 AM
Well that's a good place to start then. I hope it works better for you than it did for me.

jetspeedz
June 9, 2011, 12:44 AM
I have no experience with either so I hope advantage arms is right. The deal was too good to pass up so ill report back with my findings

If you enjoyed reading about "Blazer CCI High Velocity Case + Ruger Mark III Targer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!