Obscure flash suppressor for Ar-15

PDA

BEELZEBOB
June 8, 2011, 02:28 PM
So at the tanner gun show last weekend, I saw the most badarse flash supressor i have ever seen.

it was longer than normal, as it extends about 4" or so behind the end of the barrel, it had circular vents, and 4 nasty steel points on the front.

I cannot remember the name of the company selling it , -------- tactical.

any ideas? i want one

If you enjoyed reading about "Obscure flash suppressor for Ar-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NG VI
June 8, 2011, 02:30 PM
There are a few like that, sounds like something with the name "Phantom" or something along those lines. Vortex maybe. Lots of companies making flash suppressors with a similar layout to that one. Just look through a site that has lots of AR accessories and you'll find it or another like it.

HorseSoldier
June 8, 2011, 02:31 PM
Yankee Hill and other companies do flash suppressors and comps with points on them. The dimensions you describe don't sound like theirs though.

john5036
June 8, 2011, 02:38 PM
What was the overall barrel length? Sounds like a 12" SBR with 4" FH to meet the minimum...?

BEELZEBOB
June 8, 2011, 02:45 PM
nice, thank you guys, those however are not it!!

It was so effin mean lookin!!!

I am gonna keep searching, if I find it ill post it up!

Hizzie
June 9, 2011, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a 1-off custom job.

ants
June 9, 2011, 04:25 PM
Too bad you don't have a picture, Beelzebob.

There are approximately 10 bazillion gazillion AR flash hiders and suppressors on the market.
Maybe more. Hard to tell one from another without a picture.

JustinJ
June 9, 2011, 04:28 PM
"as it extends about 4" or so behind the end of the barrel"

You mean back towards the shooter?

BEELZEBOB
June 9, 2011, 05:00 PM
yep.

it comes down the barrel towards the shooter. I saw 6-8 of them in black and different camo versions.

I saw them @ 2 different tables, so i dount its a one off

Seriously, just imagine the worlds most bada** muzzle break/ flash suppressor.

it makes the "shark" (one i see on google search) look totally lame!

ForumSurfer
June 9, 2011, 05:44 PM
Any of these?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=10860/s_o=Price+%28Descending%29/Products/Flash_Hiders

BEELZEBOB
June 9, 2011, 06:19 PM
Unfortunately not!

those are cool though!

I am gonna hit the books and net hard to find this!

you're all gonna love it!

BEELZEBOB
June 9, 2011, 06:51 PM
FOUND IT!!!

its only $250!!! LOL

all the way down @ the bottom of the page.

RIP tactical Comps
http://www.razorsedge.us/rip-tactical/
http://www.razorsedge.us/images/products/Gun-RP0040.jpg

taliv
June 9, 2011, 07:40 PM
it's just for breaking glass. don't know that i would go so far as "nasty"

BEELZEBOB
June 9, 2011, 08:00 PM
All put together its better lookin than anything else i have seen.

you say glass, i say out of ammo last ditch skull crusher.

I think nasty fits it well LOL

Rubber_Duck
June 9, 2011, 08:59 PM
What a hideous way to add 9 and a half ounces of useless weight to the end of your barrel. Not for me, and not at that price!

ForumSurfer
June 9, 2011, 10:24 PM
You lost me at $250! :eek:

I'd rather spend $40 on a YHM Phantom and buy some bulk ammo. If you make the glass breakers about two inches longer, it would look like something that Blade should have been equipped with in a vampire movie... :neener:

It does make my inner mall ninja...er, child giggle :)

Maverick223
June 10, 2011, 01:30 AM
+1 for the YHM Phantom...good nuff for me. I don't need no stinkin' spikes (or shoulder thing that goes up).

:)

john5036
June 10, 2011, 02:06 AM
You lost me at $250! :eek:

I'd rather spend $40 on a YHM Phantom and buy some bulk ammo. If you make the glass breakers about two inches longer, it would look like something that Blade should have been equipped with in a vampire movie... :neener:

It does make my inner mall ninja...er, child giggle :)

+1 ForumSurfer

OP: $250 is quite a bit of ammo so get it instead.... so you are never out of ammo and have to resort to a spiked FH.

madcratebuilder
June 10, 2011, 09:14 AM
What a hideous way to add 9 and a half ounces of useless weight to the end of your barrel. Not for me, and not at that price!
+1

I wonder what would happen if a shard of glass was in the barrel when fired? Would it act as a obstruction?

crossrhodes
June 10, 2011, 09:30 AM
Like suggested. Buy a phantom and some bulk ammo, if your worried about breaking windows just carry some old spark plugs with you. You old timers will know what I'm talking about....LOL

Tirod
June 10, 2011, 10:30 AM
Medieval spiked or toothed CQB accessories sure are popular.

Of course, they tear up gun cases, scratch anything they come in contact with, and don't be on the wrong end ever. But some will have to learn when they get eaten by their own too-cool toy. All it has to do is slide off a rack and hit you anywhere. I suppose it could be sold to pay the emergency room bill.

Hope it doesn't hit your kids or dog.

BEELZEBOB
June 10, 2011, 10:53 AM
LOL,

$250 is way more than I would spend, thats half an aimpoint.

At the show the seller wouldnt let you touch anything and was kind of a ****

but they are pretty.

kingcheese
June 10, 2011, 12:19 PM
you say glass, i say out of ammo last ditch skull crusher.
empty mags are the skull crusher attachment on an ar15

as far as nasty goes, it looks to tame, id much rather have a spray painted soup can thats been shreded with tiny shar edges

Maverick223
June 10, 2011, 01:41 PM
if your worried about breaking windows just carry some old spark plugs with you.You could use the handy dandy $250.00 muzzle device to break the spark plug (or a $2 hammer). :p

ForumSurfer
June 10, 2011, 01:46 PM
For less than the price of the device, you can pick up a surefire with a glass breaker bezel and a mount....and still have ammo left over. :)

I gotta admit, it does look cool but I'd never shell out that kinda cash for it.

Hmmm...$250 for a muzzle device with glass breaker I'll never use or add $50 and pick up a marlin lever 22 used that my son wants...yeah they priced themselves out of the average user's bracket.

Birdmang
June 10, 2011, 02:04 PM
They make some ugly guns!

BEELZEBOB
June 10, 2011, 03:17 PM
LOL

all the parts are made by an "artist" and are ridiculously priced.

@ the gunshow, i asked why an AR on the table cost $4K, and the guy literally wouldnt answer.

just kinda rolled his eyes at me like I was some sort of idiot.

but i saw the MB at the Black Rain ordinance table as well, and got interested again.

if they were <$100 id pick one up and remove the spikes.

but hell, $250 is better spent toward 1K rounds of lake city 62g

mr.trooper
June 10, 2011, 08:32 PM
I don't care how "scary" it looks. I think its dumb. :barf:

Sam Cade
June 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
When did Gil Hibben start making muzzle devices?

Sam Cade
June 10, 2011, 10:26 PM
Ha... It looks like the manufacturer DOES actually make Walter Mitty knives!

68wj
June 10, 2011, 10:39 PM
If you want the pointy muzzle, at least it is easier to take this off when you change your mind.

XS Sights GAT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AemcWVbB2zI

Maverick223
June 11, 2011, 02:53 AM
Eh, don't even need that...just drill a small hole in a standard flash hider (with enough "meat" for a small hole) and insert/epoxy in place a small bit of tungsten carbine from a scribe or the like. All you need is something hard...glass doesn't scare easy. Keep in mind that (or any other glass breaching device) this is only needed for tempered glass (which shatters with a small nick)...most anything will work for untreated glass (with a decent blow).

:)

Breakmyfootoff
June 11, 2011, 03:29 AM
A 55 grain .223 inch diameter copper jacketed lead projectile traveling at around 3000 feet per second can also effectively break tempered glass. :neener:

Tirod
June 11, 2011, 10:49 AM
When did Gil Hibben start making muzzle devices?

RLOTFLMAO - - - Precisely why I left off with those folks, it seemed the entire knife industry went off the deep end with that kind of stuff.

People line up to pay big bucks for art knives, it doesn't sell so well in firearms. That's the difference in guns and knives - real professionals use guns. As weapons, knives are only a small tool and more often a guy collectible. Like Hummel figurines.

"Please don't handle the muzzle brake" is a huge testimony to the makers concept of his own liability. At a knife show, an interested and qualified buyer is encouraged to do so - the maker will hand it to him.

Of course, with a Gil Hibben, you literally have to watch you don't set an actual hook.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obscure flash suppressor for Ar-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!