C&R expires Saturday, still no renewal should I worry?

PDA

wally
June 8, 2011, 03:27 PM
Sent my C&R renewal application about three months ago, they cashed my check a few days later, but today's mail just came and still no renewal license :(

Since mine expires this Saturday, is time to call them and see what is up? or should I just be a bit more patient?

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R expires Saturday, still no renewal should I worry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Awsomepossum
June 8, 2011, 03:28 PM
I would call them

PcolaDawg
June 8, 2011, 03:38 PM
I would call them about two months ago. DEFINITELY call them today.

Owen Sparks
June 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
How can a constitutional right expire?

USAF_Vet
June 8, 2011, 04:11 PM
How can a constitutional right expire?

Because we the people have allowed our constitutional rights to be legislated away.

But on topic, yeah, I would have called them awhile ago. Hope everything turns out ok and you don't end up losing your C&R.

wally
June 8, 2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks, just called. Amazing! I talked to a live person right off the bat! She said they sent it in May, seems its lost in the mail so she's sending me a replacement.

All and all pretty good service from the agency we all love to hate.

straitnate14
June 8, 2011, 04:18 PM
What happens if you don't get your new form? It's just going to keep you from getting any new C&R guns until you get your new license right?

wally
June 8, 2011, 05:42 PM
What happens if you don't get your new form? It's just going to keep you from getting any new C&R guns until you get your new license right?

Correct. Its very common to have a transfer delayed until an updated copy is faxed dealer to dealer.

I wasn't looking to get any C&R guns in the next few months, but I need to update my Midway and Brownell's discounts!

SharpsDressedMan
June 8, 2011, 06:18 PM
If you don't renew several months in advance, they are often late. Calling won't make them go any faster. If you don't have to do any transfers, call just to verify that they got your renewal. Good luck. As an FFL holder, I had delays on delivery of my renewals. They are swamped with paperwork.

stonecutter2
June 8, 2011, 07:00 PM
As an FFL holder, I had delays on delivery of my renewals. They are swamped with paperwork.

Sounds like a good opportunity to create some jobs.

USAF_Vet
June 8, 2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a good opportunity to create some jobs.

Yeah, exactly what we need, more bureaucrats in public jobs. :rolleyes:

MErl
June 8, 2011, 08:35 PM
I sent in a renewal earlier this year ~10 weeks before expiration (2.5mo from check cashed). The new one arrived 2 weeks after the old one expired.

I figure they are busy and the 01 FFL holders get priority, who knows though.

SharpsDressedMan
June 8, 2011, 09:50 PM
I do not want to see more BATF employees. If you want to be ahead of the game, get your renewal papers in 6 mos early.

HammerheadSSN663
June 8, 2011, 10:50 PM
Fairfax County is very good in getting your stuff processed and on time. Filled out my renewal 15 December and received end of January. Pretty decent considering the holiday schedule.

Course mine expired on 15 January so I had to let the sidearm sit on the closet top shelf for a few weeks.

Owen Sparks
June 9, 2011, 12:24 AM
Why should CCW permits expire for anything short of a criminal conviction?

Suppose you failed to get your renewal payment to the state before your permit expires? Would you suddenly lose the ability to safely handle a firearm and forget the laws pertaining to self defense? You have already been examined and deemed safe, right?

I let my drivers license expire once through not paying attention yet I did not forget how to drive. This is just a way for the state to make money and still have an option not to renew your permit if the wrong bunch gets elected. Rights should not expire.

wally
June 11, 2011, 02:11 PM
Happy to say the BATFE lady came through and replaced my C&R that seemed to have been lost in the mail. Called on Wednesday, got it today, great service I'd say!. Now I can start making copies and sending out updates.

smince
June 13, 2011, 08:29 PM
Mine expires 1 Sept. I got my renewal papers in the mail today.

writerinmo
June 13, 2011, 09:08 PM
C&R Owen, not CCW...

smince
June 13, 2011, 09:56 PM
C&R Owen, not CCW...Curio and Relics collectors license.

My CCW usually takes less than 5 minutes to renew at the local S.O.

Owen Sparks
June 13, 2011, 10:25 PM
Carry permits expire every four years in my state. That is what I thought you meant.

toivo
June 13, 2011, 10:51 PM
Carry permits expire every four years in my state.
For all the anti-gun BS here in good old New York, our carry permits are still good for life. Small blessings...

EOD Guy
June 14, 2011, 11:38 AM
Sent my C&R renewal application about three months ago, they cashed my check a few days later, but today's mail just came and still no renewal license

Since mine expires this Saturday, is time to call them and see what is up? or should I just be a bit more patient?

Check your renewal date again. Every FFL, of any type, I've ever seen expires on the first of the month.

EOD Guy
June 14, 2011, 11:42 AM
I do not want to see more BATF employees. If you want to be ahead of the game, get your renewal papers in 6 mos early.

That won't work. They don't send you the renewal until 3 months prior to your expiration date. On top of that, they currently don't even start processing the renewal applications until the month before expiration.

I just renewed my C&R in April and this was the first renewal that was so late. I got it about 2 weeks before expiration, where I had gotten previous renewals about a month after sending the paperwork.

browneu
June 14, 2011, 01:35 PM
Would the OP need to create a new bound book for the new C&R if the existing C&R expires before the renewal? Just something I thought of.

JoelSteinbach
June 14, 2011, 03:27 PM
Mynew C&R came about 6 weeks after the sent me the forms, I still had about 6 weeks to go before expiration

EOD Guy
June 14, 2011, 03:27 PM
Would the OP need to create a new bound book for the new C&R if the existing C&R expires before the renewal? Just something I thought of.

No. As long as the renewal application was submitted prior to the expiration date, the FFL will be renewed. Effective and expiration dates of the new FFL will not be affected.

browneu
June 14, 2011, 04:58 PM
Ah thanks for the clarification.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R expires Saturday, still no renewal should I worry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!