Marlin Glenfield Model 60 question

PDA

Gordon_Freeman
June 8, 2011, 04:51 PM
I am doing some record keeping inventory and I can't find the serial number on a Marlin Glenfield Model 60 .22LR. Does anyone know where I can find it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin Glenfield Model 60 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jon86
June 8, 2011, 05:12 PM
The left side of the receiver.

Gordon_Freeman
June 8, 2011, 05:18 PM
I am looking at it, but don't see it. This one has a scope mounted on. Would it be under the scope? I inherited this one so I don't know much about it.

Rustinthewheel
June 8, 2011, 05:34 PM
I recently purchased a Marlin Glenfield M60, and it has no serial number as well. Prior to '68 it was not a requirement to have a serial number on a firearm.

Happy shooting!

Gordon_Freeman
June 8, 2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys. This gun does look pretty old with pitting on the barrel. Maybe it doesn't have a serial number. Is it possible you would need to remove the wood stock to find it?

jon86
June 8, 2011, 05:49 PM
Hmmm... I don't know. I wish I could be of more help, but mine is in plain view. Good luck!

courtgreene
June 8, 2011, 05:59 PM
the scope doesn't cover it, I think it's just not there.

Durty
June 8, 2011, 08:30 PM
My Glenfield is the best shooting .22 I have owned and it's by far the oldest.

Mals9
June 8, 2011, 11:05 PM
Look on the barrel in front of the reciever for a 2 letter code, this (http://www.marlin-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2288) will give you a date.

Mals

Gordon_Freeman
June 9, 2011, 01:30 AM
Thanks Mals9. I just checked again and did not see a 2 letter code. This might be because there is so much rust that it is hard to see.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin Glenfield Model 60 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!