Have you ever?

PDA

BIGGBAY90
June 8, 2011, 07:28 PM
Have you every gone to a gun shop to buy a gun you wanted and came out with something different---better or worse

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Centaur 1
June 8, 2011, 08:03 PM
One time, same gun but different features. It was a S&W model 19 .357mag with a 4" barrel. When I got there the salesman said that they were having a sale on the version with target sights, trigger, hammer and grips. This gun and the standard version were the same price so it was a no-brainer. At the tme it cost me a whopping $259.

Carter
June 8, 2011, 09:12 PM
Sort of, my first gun I was dead set on getting a shotgun, but when I went back to get it I saw an AR-15 and Ak-47 that made me change my mind. Ended up getting the AR.

Wish I'd of gotten the ak or shotgun. It turned out to be a lemon.

Tomcat47
June 8, 2011, 09:16 PM
Yes! Last week! Went to get Concealable 9mm (Taurus 709, LC9 etc.)

Came out with 2 Snubnose revolvers!

But, did get a concealable 9mm (905 Taurus) :D

also Model 85 .38...:cool:

thefamcnaj
June 8, 2011, 09:24 PM
I went to the gun shop, dead set on getting another glock, my 7th glock. Theyve never dissappointed me. Any way I walked out with a px4 storm full size od green. Took it to the range and I didn't fall in love with it like I thought I would, so I was dissapointed personally, so worse for me. Just traded it for a G23 today YES! I'll trust my gut from now on.

dagerv
June 8, 2011, 09:30 PM
I went into a LGS looking to buy the xd9 subcompact awhile back but ended up getting the xd 45 compact. I liked it but was too bulky and like thefamcnaj traded it for the g26 which I don't regret

Blue .45
June 8, 2011, 09:43 PM
Yes. I once put a down payment on a Beretta 92FS, but ended up buying a CZ75B, instead.:D Still wouldn't mind getting a Beretta, though.

hso
June 8, 2011, 09:45 PM
I would expect everyone has or will have this experience.

HammerheadSSN663
June 8, 2011, 10:52 PM
Have I ever what? you're post title lost half its complete sentence.

BIGGBAY90
June 9, 2011, 04:24 AM
Have I ever what? you're post title lost half its complete sentence.
Come on

Have you every gone to a gun shop to buy a gun you wanted and came out with something different---better or worse

CTPhil
June 9, 2011, 08:36 AM

No, I haven't, but it's bound to happen sooner or later, lol. ;)

Mt Shooter
June 9, 2011, 08:56 AM
No but I did go and look once and had one follow me home, wife said I could keep it.

pockets
June 9, 2011, 09:00 AM
Quite a few times.
I go with something in mind, but the store also has something that is either higher on my list or harder to find than what I went in for. Happens often in shops with a lot of inventory.

Ole Coot
June 9, 2011, 09:08 AM
Very common disease. I walk in, look around and completely forget the one I came for if I check the used guns first and see something I've always wanted. A new one can wait, the older one I may never get another chance to buy.

trailgator
June 9, 2011, 09:12 AM
A few years ago I had been eyeballing a Encore 25-06 stainless. I finally decided to go buy it. When I got to the store, the owner said that before I buy the TC, I should check out something he had just taken in on trade that day. He brought a rifle out of the back room. It was a .270 Colt Light rifle. This rifle is a tack driver! Talk about right time right place.:D

martymcfly
June 9, 2011, 04:37 PM
I think it's better to go in planning to buy one thing and coming out with something different than doing what I did.

Went into the shop just to drool as I wasn't ready to make a purchase for another month or so. Well, got tired of drooling and walked out with a little 22 Ruger. That was last month, this month I put my name on the list for a Colt 1911 - XSE Government model. Now the wait begins.

R.Ganister
June 9, 2011, 05:15 PM
Went to the store to get a NAA cap n ball, but came out with a ROA.

Deus Machina
June 9, 2011, 05:40 PM
Yup! Went to a show looking for a project, hoping to find a 1911 frame to build into a 9mm (I know, I know! But I don't need another caliber) or a cheap lower for an AR.

No 1911 frames at all, or even cheap used ones. AR lowers started at $175, and the only uppers under $450--which I was going to change stuff anyway--were ratty 'demilled m16' ones, according to the seller.

So I bought a Carcano for $45.

JWF III
June 9, 2011, 09:00 PM
I can honestly say I've never gone in with the intentions of one gun and left with another.

But , quite a few times I have left with the one gun, and an additional one or two more...:D

Wyman

dbro822
June 9, 2011, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah, was all set to bring home a ruger 556, had been saving up for one for a while, instead I brought home a Daniel Defense DDM4, and I'm ok with it.

Apocalypse-Now
June 9, 2011, 11:55 PM
no. i don't make snap impulse gun purchases. i research them to death lol. i always know what i want before i go in, or at least what i want to look at.

Twiki357
June 10, 2011, 12:39 AM
A couple of months ago I went in for two 9mm plastic ammo boxes and came out with a used (Like new) Winchester 1300 along with the ammo boxes.

HammerheadSSN663
June 10, 2011, 01:08 AM
Have I ever....?

Probably.

But don't you hate when.....

hermannr
June 10, 2011, 01:47 AM
oh yes, wife wanted a nice target 22 pistol, we talked about it and called our local gun store (he has a lot of old stuff) and asked if he had a High Standard Victor. (I had always wanted a Victor when they were still making them) anyway,,,,

He said yes, come down and take a look...we walked out with a High Standard Trophy with three barrels, and an Olympic slide (one of the barrels was short only) custom case, tools the whole getup. Spent a bit more than we planned, but she love that Trophy.

Jonah71
June 10, 2011, 08:49 AM
Yes. I once put a down payment on a Beretta 92FS, but ended up buying a CZ75B, instead.:D Still wouldn't mind getting a Beretta, though.
I don't even remember what gun I was going into the gun shop for when I came out with the old 2003 OD green steel frame CZ 75B. It fit my hand so well and was so accurate when I took it out the back door for a test run I walked out the front door with it.

SaxonPig
June 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
Never thought about it but I don't believe I have ever gone to a gun shop with the purchase of a particular gun in mind. I go for ammo, reloading supplies, etc and if I buy a gun it's because I saw something I decided I wanted.

Smokey in PHX
June 10, 2011, 02:13 PM
If I go in for a particular gun, I usually come out with that gun. Don't ever remember changing.

boatme99
June 10, 2011, 07:34 PM
frequently. :D

CZguy
June 12, 2011, 02:09 PM
If I go in for a particular gun, I usually come out with that gun. Don't ever remember changing.

Yep, me too, but we seem to be in a minority.

youngda9
June 12, 2011, 02:57 PM
Have I ever....?

Probably.

But don't you hate when.....
So far you've commented 2x on sentence(non)structure. Don't have anything better to do?

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!