ready for a new gun

PDA

cemjr
June 9, 2011, 07:29 AM
I have two 9mms, H&K p30, Kahr pm9, I like them both and shoot them alot (maybe too much). I would like to get another caliber. I've shot a friends colt 1911 (full size) but I don't see myself buying one (too big to carry). I think I found "the gun" meaning, right size, right price, right look. A SMITH&WESSON M1911ESER 4.25SC 2TN . 45cal 8+1 with alot of nice features, for about a grand. Does anyone have one ?

If you enjoyed reading about "ready for a new gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
elano
June 9, 2011, 07:40 AM
You need a revolver to spice things up! How about a 38/357? Can't go wrongbwith one of those.

hardluk1
June 9, 2011, 07:44 AM
For the same 1000 dollars buy a ria or metro arms 1911 4.25 barreled version and a nice used 357 revolver too.

Smaug
June 9, 2011, 02:43 PM
Do you have a 22 yet? If not, that should DEFINITELY be your next purchase. I recommend the Rugers, whichever style you like. You've already got a carry gun, so don't worry about the size. Get something that is accurate. Believe me, you will be awestruck at how easily it is for a good 22 to beat a good 9mm, accuracy-wise.

If not that, then a revolver would be my next choice. Maybe a S&W 625 or 325, in 45 ACP.

Otherwise, if you're set on a 1911, I think I'd rather have a Colt than a S&W. Not that they're any better, they're just more genuine, with their old-world production methods and materials. They also tend to hold their value best of all the 1911s.

JustinJ
June 9, 2011, 04:17 PM
Glock 21SF. Then have salmon and rice for dinner, go to bed at 10:21, wake up at 7 am, eat Cheerios for breakfast....

Seriously though, you will be much happier by deciding for yourself which guns appeal most to you, researching them, and then asking specific questions.

If you enjoyed reading about "ready for a new gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!