Ruger P95

PDA

RugerMen
June 9, 2011, 12:47 PM
Just bought a new Ruger P95 stainless. I'm a happy man. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger P95" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim NE
June 9, 2011, 01:35 PM
Mine is awesome. They have a great reputation for reliability. Congratulations!!

Smaug
June 9, 2011, 01:45 PM
Good buy. Ruger P-series are hard to beat for a good, basic pistol.

I had a P90, and it was a good gun. More accurate than it had any right to be, considering how little prestige the brand has compared to the likes of the fancy German guns.

SGW42
June 9, 2011, 01:51 PM
Love mine so far.

moonpie
June 9, 2011, 03:25 PM
PC9 wanted a baby sister. they are one happy family

shiftyer1
June 9, 2011, 03:39 PM
We've got one around here somewhere that has been totally shot out. Bought it years ago and it was the gun that everyone shot. I can't even begin to guess how many rounds have gone thru it, we'll just say ALOT. It doesn't get used anymore because it's just not accurate anymore. I can't ever remember 1 malfunction of any kind. I should look into buying a new barrel for it, I bet it'll go another 15 years of hard use.

Fiv3r
June 9, 2011, 04:13 PM
I have a very used P-89 that is my TEOTWAWKI pistol. Nothing chokes it, it runs like a champ, and if I run out of ammo it makes a fantastic club:D I don't go a day without it either riding in my truck or sleeping in the drawer of my desk at work. A bulky yet very reliable companion.

My buddy has a P-95 that he bought when he got his CCW. Fine pistol. We like to go to the range and take our our "P shooters". It makes it nice being able to mix and match mags:evil:

DougW
June 9, 2011, 09:05 PM
The 2 I owned were fantastic. The first one (12 years ago) hated CCI Blazer aluminum ammo, but the 2nd was good with it. Both were very accurate. My only issue was the mag release, and hitting it on a draw. The web of my finger would drop the mag on a quick draw (3 gun match), so I switched to Glocks. I would buy another P95 in a second!

mgmorden
June 10, 2011, 09:48 AM
Congrats. For the money these guns are very hard to beat. Had mine almost 9 years now and it hasn't missed a beat (it was my first handgun). I'm actually about to start USPSA competition with it. Probably not the best gun for that, but I have no issues with the reliability and though I'm up over 10 handguns now, that's still the only one I have that's USPSA Production legal :D.

maxxcore
June 11, 2011, 03:51 PM
Hello all, I am new to this forum and I am a new Ruger p95 owner. Can anyone help me? I am SO frusterated and concerned with my new purchase. I am experiencing F.T.E's big time. I have done everything from, stripping my weapon down, dissasembeling it, reassembeling it, cleaning it and the removing the extractor arm and cleaning all around it. also, I've tried Federal ammo and winchester white box and having the same issue (FTE) every other round. I took it to my local gunsmith explaining my situation and said that the extractor arm is fine and that i should try some HOT ammo and heavier the better..I put about 165 rounds total thru my P95 and my local gunsmith said that is not enough because this gun has to be broken in and its gonna take more than 165 rounds to break it in, he said. Can anyone tell me if he know what he's talking about? Thank you!:cuss:

DougW
June 11, 2011, 11:01 PM
maxxcore, I don't know what to tell you. Have a solid 2 hand grip and try locking your wrist and elbows, lean into the pistol while shooting, and see if anything changes. I never had issues of a FTE with my P95's. You may need to send it to Ruger to see what they can do for you.

W.E.G.
June 11, 2011, 11:05 PM
I bought mine 15 years ago.

Bought a couple more, but let one go.

Still on duty under the bed and at the office.

Utilitarian and reliable as a Stanley claw hammer.

My cop buddies call it a "perp gun."
I tell 'em to kiss my...

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger P95" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!