Star (super) B questions

PDA

Ukraine Train
January 16, 2004, 10:39 AM
The most significant difference is the "swinging barrel link (M1911 style) was replaced with a cam system (Browning Hi-Power style)" Can someone explain these systems? Are B, BM and Super B magazines interchangeable? What magazines will work? Is it worth it to hold out for a Super B over a B?

If you enjoyed reading about "Star (super) B questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bill Hook
January 16, 2004, 12:26 PM
I would think the cam style would be an improvement, as that's one fewer part and one that shouldn't be affected by wear/poor fitting to cause poor lock-up and premature wear on the barrel lugs and, perhaps, slide.

I thought the BM was a compact version, so I'm doubting the mags interchange. I'd recommend asking this stuff at Parallax and gunboards.com, too.

Ukraine Train
January 16, 2004, 12:52 PM
What's the address for parallax?

Bill Hook
January 16, 2004, 01:02 PM
http://pub113.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm63.showMessage?topicID=1477.topic

If you enjoyed reading about "Star (super) B questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!