Quick range report of my 92 Compact from Bud's

PDA

Nakanokalronin
June 9, 2011, 06:46 PM
I shot a total of 300rds of ball and 100 hp rounds. Ball ammo shot was: WWB 115gr, Federal 115gr. and Wolf 115gr. Hollow point ammo shot was: Federal HST 124gr. +P, Gold Dot 124gr. +P, Gold Dot 147gr. and 124gr. PDX-1 +P.

All ammo was 100% flawless in all magazines used. Magazines consisted of the Beretta 13rd compact type, Beretta 92 15rd. type. Beretta 92 17rd type and one MecGar 20rd type.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/271/92compact.jpg

Below is a picture of the first 13rds with the first shot being DA at 15 yards.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8800/92combattarget.jpg

I could only feel a slight difference in recoil when compared to a full size 92. I shot some mags quickly and some with a loose grip to simulate limp wristing, no problems. The barrel was so hot at one point I could easily cook a 5 course meal on it. I'm very pleased with the Beretta 92 Compact and quite honestly feel its smaller than it looks if you own a full size 92. If I lay them on their sides next to each other the compact is indeed slimmer. Since its shorter both front to back and top to bottom I could see this being a CCW weapon for those that want more than a sub-compact.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick range report of my 92 Compact from Bud's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
June 9, 2011, 08:40 PM
Not a bad looker. I haven't noticed the compacts before.

Shear_stress
June 9, 2011, 09:12 PM
Not a bad looker. I haven't noticed the compacts before.

Yup, they're good looking pistolas.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Beretta_92F_Compact.jpg

Though not particularly compact by modern terms, they handle far better in my hands than the full-sized 92.

Congrats to the OP for picking up one of these neat pistols.

jbr
June 9, 2011, 09:28 PM
Very nice. Had not seen these - i'd sure like to try one. love my 96. Nice shooting by the way.

Shipwreck
June 9, 2011, 09:32 PM
Congrats. I have two of these, and they rock. Throw ya in a D spring and you will be all set!

Nakanokalronin
June 10, 2011, 01:48 AM
I have a 17lb Wolff spring in it right now since Brownells has still not sent me the D springs I back ordered awhile ago.

Like Shipwreck knows, if you want a compact you might as well get them now since this is the first time they've been imported in 10 years and who knows how long they'll last.

jeff-10
October 6, 2011, 09:52 PM
Can someone recommend a good leather holster for this model? It is very hard to determine if one you see online will correctly fit this model. Thanks.

Shipwreck
October 6, 2011, 10:53 PM
Get any holster for a standard 92. That is what I use. It fits my full-size and compact 92s. You just get an extra 1/2 inch of holster. No big deal. For eight years, I carried a Glock 26 in a Glock 19 holster

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick range report of my 92 Compact from Bud's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!