can anyone help me with progressive reloading

PDA

buckslayer65
June 10, 2011, 09:08 PM
need to know about dies in pics i see 2 die sets and 3 die sets is there a certain die for powder into case

If you enjoyed reading about "can anyone help me with progressive reloading" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cfullgraf
June 10, 2011, 09:16 PM
Most 7/8-14 dies will work on the standard home progressive presses except for the Dillon SDB. The SDB uses proprietary dies only available from Dillon.

When I converted some of my cartridges to a progressive after 29 years on a single stage press, i found some of my older dies were too short to work on the progressive and I had to buy new sets.

For handgun cartridges on a progressive press, carbide sizer dies are desirable. They can be operated with no lubricant which then does not have to be cleaned off later. Some folks operate with a light application of lubricant on carbide dies. It helps reduce the resizing effort.

Carbide rifle dies still require lubricant.

Otherwise, you need to be more specific on your question.

rfwobbly
June 10, 2011, 10:36 PM
need to know about dies in pics i see 2 die sets and 3 die sets is there a certain die for powder into case

The answer would be absolutely brand dependent. Progressives save time by automatically injecting the measured powder into the case as it comes by. Each brand of press does this a different way. Lee presses are going to expect you to use Lee dies. RCBS, Dillon and Hornady do it with a "die" that is made by them, but sold separately.

If you enjoyed reading about "can anyone help me with progressive reloading" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!