DPMS AR10 forend options?!?!?!?! HELP!

PDA

Snake
June 11, 2011, 07:14 PM
I completed a .308 CMMG lower and was gonna pick up a AP4 308 DPMS upper and it has a removable handguard. BIG QUESTION....are the ar15 carbine handgaurds the same make/shape/fitment/length as the ar10 DPMS style? im sure someone has answer....I would like to pick from tons of options if possilbe.

been digging for a answer online for weeks here and there and no luck.

thanks,Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "DPMS AR10 forend options?!?!?!?! HELP!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
-v-
June 11, 2011, 08:46 PM
From what I have heard, yes, the handguards are the same size as AR-15 handguards, but due to the thicker .308 barrel, there might be some spacing issues with dual heat guards and such. Pliers and Dremmel may be neccesary.

Navarre
June 11, 2011, 10:26 PM
I have a DPMS .308 and recently purchased a Troy quad rail forend that was for an M4 that dropped right in like a dream. No modifications were necessary. All I looked for when I purchased it was to make sure it wasn't plastic and it was the right length.

Navarre

If you enjoyed reading about "DPMS AR10 forend options?!?!?!?! HELP!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!