Question on buddy's 'new' gun

PDA

critter
June 12, 2011, 01:24 PM
One of my hunting/shooting buddies just bought a used gun from his friend for a 'brother-in-law' price according to him. (I do not know what that price was.)

The gun is an EAA Witness, a medium sized .45 ACP.

The gun was used, dirty as crap, looked to have never been introduced to lube of any kind. The ammo was old, rough, corroded ammo rescued from a warehouse fire.

Little gun NEVER missed a lick! Accuracy was quite good. Handling and pointability was quite good too.

Just wondered if anybody had any experiences with these guns and what the cost might be for one. I was duely impressed and would definitely consider one.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on buddy's 'new' gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Red October
June 12, 2011, 03:04 PM
I bought a EAA Witness .45 back around '99. At first, the weapon would misfire, caused by the firing pin not striking the primers hard enough. I sent it back to EAA for repair and got it back in less than a week. I still have it, and have put a lot of rounds through it without any more problems.

wbwanzer
June 12, 2011, 06:21 PM
I'm happy with my Witness Elite Match in 9mm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on buddy's 'new' gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!