Ankle Holsters?

PDA

Steve CT
June 12, 2011, 04:38 PM
Anyone ever use them? I have a Ruger LCP, and I need to go this route for some situations. Really interested in anyone's experience with the simple "wrap around" types, the ones with multiple straps are not what I'm looking for.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ankle Holsters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
moonpie
June 12, 2011, 05:20 PM
never used one but what i tried on slid down to far to be of any use.guess i just don't have the legs for it

zoom6zoom
June 12, 2011, 07:14 PM
I carry a Smith 642 in a Galco Ankle Glove. Very comfortable and I can often forget I'm wearing it.

JohnInFlorida
June 12, 2011, 07:14 PM
I was first licensed to carry in 1994 and my EDC from 1994 till 1997 was a Taurus M85 in a Galco AG122 with a calf strap to make sure it rode up high. I was working as an in-home salesman ... out late alone in both nice and questionable neighborhoods every evening, in and out of peoples living rooms, and concealed HAD TO BE really concealed. I found that using it without the calf strap had me tugging it back up where it belonged WAY TOO often. When I left that job I found much less need for that method of carry and haven't used that holster very much in the years since then and not at all since I retired a couple of years ago. Even so, I felt very comfortable at the time that I wasn't going to get myself fired for freaking out a customer when he/she discovered I was carrying. That just never was a problem.

351 WINCHESTER
June 12, 2011, 08:24 PM
I have a like new galco that I can't wear as I break out in a heat rash. Other than the rash it worked like a champ, especially while sitting. Sometimes I would also wear an outter sock to go over the holster and part of the 442/642/640. The outter sock helps prevent "rocking" while not impeding my draw.

Paladin38-40
June 12, 2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.renegadeholstersdirect.com Their Cozy Partner is unsurpassable in comfort and concealability.

Steve CT
June 13, 2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks for replies, I am pretty much looking at Galco and FOBUS at this point.

Also, thanks to the Mod that moved this, I tried to find the right place for this, but I'm pretty new here.:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Ankle Holsters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!