New 75B Great Magazines Bad!

PDA

Redhat
January 16, 2004, 05:47 PM
Just put 100 rds through my new .40SW/75B yesterday and it shot great! No malfunctions what-so-ever. Recoil was really soft with ball ammo. I think the front sight is too wide for my taste but overall I was very happy until...

I heard one of the issued Mec-gar magazines rattling. When I cleaned the pistol I discovered one of the legs on the follower had broken off and fell into the mag! Some what disconcerting. So where can I get a replacement? Who makes the best mags for the CZ?

Thanks for the help

If you enjoyed reading about "New 75B Great Magazines Bad!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PCRit
January 16, 2004, 05:56 PM
You can contact Mike at CZ-USA, gunsmith@cz-usa.com

I had a problem with the mags in my new PCR several years ago, he replaced them, no problem.

I only use CZ mags, but having said that, I would trust Mec-Gar aftermarket mags (but none of the others), but I don't know of a source for the Mec-Gars..

Bill Hook
January 16, 2004, 05:59 PM
Bad followers seldom necessitate replacing the whole mag. Follow the previous advice, in any means.

Redhat
January 16, 2004, 06:15 PM
PCR

The Mec-gar magazines came in the case with the pistol, brand new from CZUSA. The leg breakage on the follower didn't cause the mag to stop working, but good grief, you'd think they could make it through the first shooting session.

CZUSA lists magazines for $32, are these made by CZ or an outside supplier?

By the way, do you know who makes CZ's night sights that they have listed on their accessories page? I need to find a thinner front sight.

Thanks again

PCRit
January 16, 2004, 06:24 PM
Sorry I can't answer your qestions (although I suspect Mec-Gar does indeed make the mags for CZ), but if you don't find the answer in this forum, go to

http://pub105.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm3

Redhat
January 16, 2004, 06:39 PM
PCR,

Thanks,

I posted on the CZ forum first, but no answers yet.

bountyhunter
January 16, 2004, 07:21 PM
I just ordered some CZ factory mags for the 75/85 from Cheaper Than Dirt. The price was about $27, they were in stock.

bountyhunter
January 16, 2004, 07:23 PM
Sorry I can't answer your qestions (although I suspect Mec-Gar does indeed make the mags for CZ),

They sure do, you can tell by the mag shell.

Redhat
January 16, 2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah that and mine have Mec-gar printed on them. The seem okay and I had no problem even after the follower broke it still worked.

hansolo
January 16, 2004, 07:57 PM
FWIW: I bought a Pro-Mag for my 9mm 75B over a year ago; it has been 100%.....I ordered from Natchez and it was only about $12-13.00(neutered 10 rounder for California):cuss:

PCRCCW
January 16, 2004, 10:37 PM
PCRit,
Email me with your address and Ill send you a red/EAA style CZ follower. I got them from a member of the CZForum who is in Czech. He gets them from the factory and has lots of goodies we cant get :D

Ill send you one for the hell of it, they increase the mag capacity in the high caps by 1 rnd. Dont know about the 40 though.

Shoot well.

Nightcrawler
January 16, 2004, 11:01 PM
I only use CZ mags, but having said that, I would trust Mec-Gar aftermarket mags (but none of the others), but I don't know of a source for the Mec-Gars..

Hmm..the magazines that came with my .45 CZ-97B were made by Mec-Gar. CZ-USA wanted $38.00 a pop for extras...HA! CDNN Investments has them for $17.95...:D

If you enjoyed reading about "New 75B Great Magazines Bad!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!