romy sks

PDA

vellocet
June 13, 2011, 12:46 AM
I got a Romy sks a few months back and I have to say, the craftsmanship is really first rate, like a Russian or some of the older Chicom. But the working end of the gas piston is on it's way out. Will these interchange with yugo, albi, or the other pistons? Any firsthand knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks for any information.

If you enjoyed reading about "romy sks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sky
June 13, 2011, 12:51 AM
There is a gun forum called "Survivor's SKS Board" that has everything about the Sks if you do not get someone here who knows. Do a search there. Congrats on your purchase.

vellocet
June 13, 2011, 01:06 AM
thank you for your input. I was hoping to avoid pulling apart one of the other rifles to see if if the parts would fit.

WardenWolf
June 13, 2011, 01:10 AM
The Romanians are as standard as they come, being exact copies of the early Russians. A Chinese or Albanian should work just fine. I'm not so sure about Yugos, though, because of their funky gas system. It's possible the forward piston is different.

vellocet
June 16, 2011, 12:31 AM
thank you for the information,Jeff,but my rifle is from Romania and I just wanted to know about gas pistons. Thank you and the rest for this input for a new member. I think one from china will fit. hope so'because that's about all you can get.

okiewita40
June 16, 2011, 10:59 AM
To the best of my knowledge all of the pistons should interchange. As was said before though I am not sure if the yugo piston will work with anything else.

If you enjoyed reading about "romy sks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!