Winchester Shot Show .45LC Large Loop 92

PDA

Speedgoat
June 13, 2011, 02:42 AM
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?family=022C&mid=534185#center

Has this already come out, been sold out and I'm out of luck, or do I just need to be patient and wait for them to get here from (likely unfortunatley) overseas? Also anything anyone knows about them, quality of work, etc type input I'd really like as I really really want to get one to go with my 45 revolver, Kinda like a modern day John Wayne only in 45 instead of 44-40. Okay the last part was kinda a dream.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Shot Show .45LC Large Loop 92" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RichBMW
June 13, 2011, 05:10 AM
$1200 makes it pretty expensive. Similar Marlins or Henrys are half the price.

Speedgoat
June 13, 2011, 05:45 AM
I'm willing to pay the price for the Winchester name, even though it's not coming out of New Haven... I was hoping that these would be made much better than the Rossi or other clones.

hirundo82
June 13, 2011, 05:49 AM
Similar Marlins or Henrys are half the price.

Yeah, but there's something about a Winchester. I have a Marlin 1894 in .357, but I'm seriously lusting after a Winchester '92 Trapper in .44-40. No use for it, but I want it (and I'm much younger than the typical grew up on Westerns, now wants to do CASS crowd).

Everything that I've heard is that the new Winchesters are as fine of guns as they've ever made (and for the prices they're asking, they better be).

Speedgoat
June 13, 2011, 07:38 PM
All the costs and such aside, Does anybody know when they are expecting these in? Or of a gun shop where I could reserve one?

CraigC
June 14, 2011, 02:40 AM
I haven't seen them yet so assume this is a new model that has yet to ship. Probably soon though, they don't typically make you wait for long. These guns are made by Miroku of Japan and are the highest quality you can find in a new levergun....anywhere. Vastly superior to anything produced in New Haven in years. That's retail pricing, street price should be $900-$1000.

Similar Marlins or Henrys are half the price.
There's a very good reason for that, for they are half as good.

SharpsDressedMan
June 14, 2011, 12:52 PM
Except that the Duke's gun was a different cartridge, this will be the "definitive" Duke gun.

rehorne
June 14, 2011, 01:04 PM
Speedgoat,
I looked up the Winchester site and the large loop 92's are a Shot Show special. You might want to contact a local dealer and see if they can order one for you. These would be a limited production model and most likely hard to come by, maybe. I would check with a dealer.

Speedgoat
June 14, 2011, 11:32 PM
I know the Duke's was in 44-40, My family's got a 44-40 Colt dated 1894, I'd like to get a matching caliber Model 92 for it one day, an original 92 though. This rifle is pretty much going to hang out in the pickup window, gun scabbard when I'm out riding my horse (In case a wolf looks at me wrong), etc, and will match up with a clone .45 SAA Glad to hear that the new 'Japanese' guns are a good well made gun, that's what I was looking for. I still am probably ultimatley going to consider this a clone, but I guess the ways of the world are different, and New Haven Conneecticut won't be on any levergun barrels anymore.

I contacted one of my local gun dealers, and we got on his computer to his 'supplier's sight and all he could do was put it on his 'wish list' If anyone knows a place I could reserve one further than wish listing it, please let me know!

Thanks for all your guys's information

Smokey in PHX
June 14, 2011, 11:57 PM
Call Winchester customer service and find which distributor will receive or has received them and have your shop contact them.

Speedgoat
June 16, 2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks rehorne, I got ahold of Winchester today and after about 3 or 4 phone calls I got a down payment put on one. They said to be expecting it in 2-3 weeks. Glad you posted because the outfit I ended up getting them from said they only had one coming in, and the lady from Winchester said that there were only about 200 made in 45 Colt.

rehorne
June 16, 2011, 09:56 PM
Good for you. Glad it seems to be working out for you. Hope you have a blast with it.

Robert

Lakedaemonian
June 17, 2011, 04:49 AM
The Winchester Rifles coming out of Miroku are just as good, if not better than the Pre-64 Winchesters. (No BS) I own a Win Short Rifle in 44mag which I used to fill all 3 of my deer tags with last season. The fit, finish, and time that goes into them is par with the way they used to be made. They are SOLID and well built. When I say "If not better." I mean the quality and technology of metal refining and the materials used in these rifles are state of the art. I would venture to say that John M. Browning may be slightly proud of the quality of these rifles. Of course he is probably turning over in his grave knowing his beautiful works of art are being produced by people we were at War with when his 1911's and M2's where new in the service.

Speedgoat
June 21, 2011, 01:21 AM
The store who got me the rifle told me 2-3, maybe 4 weeks before it would be here, and that was about a week ago when I put my down payment on it. The suspense is gettin so bad like back when I was a kid and found my Christmas presents, but had to wait until Christmas to get to play with them!

Speedgoat
July 1, 2011, 01:25 AM
Update to anyone interested, Picked up the rifle Tuesday after work, Took it shooting tonight broke the barrel in and shot a few rounds through it. All I've got to say is that I am overly impressed with the worksmanship and it is a real slick rifle out of the box. Not a big fan of that rebounding trigger though.

ExAgoradzo
July 1, 2011, 02:45 AM
I already have the Marlin 94 in 357 & 44mag. I have a 45LC SAA, so I'm wanting to complete the collection in Marlin 94 with the 45LC. That and the 44 pistol I don't have I should be set...for now. :)

Glad for you that you got what you wanted!

rehorne
July 1, 2011, 01:55 PM
Good for you!! Glad you got it!! Now go out and shoot the H*** OUT OF IT!!

Lakedaemonian
July 2, 2011, 01:16 AM
They are indeed slick rifles.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Shot Show .45LC Large Loop 92" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!