sa58

PDA

bushhogger
June 13, 2011, 04:37 PM
I'm New to thr , I was looking for a little feedback on the DS arms sa58, I just got the rifle, it was slightly used almost new, gave700 for it, shoots really well, the front sight needs to be lowered, is there a special tool for this adjustment, its shooting about 3in low at 100yds with the rear sight on t the 400 yd mark, thanks for your feedback

If you enjoyed reading about "sa58" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maverick223
June 13, 2011, 04:52 PM
The DSA SA-58 is a good FAL copy, nothing at all wrong with that rifle or price (unless there is something significantly mechanically wrong with it).

Yep, here (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=576414&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Gunsmithing%20-%20Tools%2C%20Jigs%20%26%20Fixtures-_-PriceCompListing-_-576414) ya go. Being of that much I doubt you can adjust it to the proper range, and they sell about 5 different heights of front posts IIRC, but I would just file down the one you have for proper height (just take your time, as it's easier to remove material than put it back).

Oh, and welcome to THR, bushhogger!

:)

bushhogger
June 13, 2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback maverick ,ive also thought about mmountine considered,mounting a eotech or a trijicon on it, I was wondering if the scope mounts for this rifle are pretty good and was also thinking about putting a different foreend on it with picanny rails to mount a light and maybe a tango down grip, I do a lot of hog eradication hunting,so we need a hard hitting, fast shooting rifle because most of our hunting is done at night

Maverick223
June 13, 2011, 05:31 PM
No problem.

IMO it is heavy enough as is; without adding heavy rails, so if it were me (and I wanted to add a light) I would add a small rail to the existing forearm and keep it simple. You can also add a forward grip, which I have found to be quite uncomfortable (VFGs that is), and greatly prefer the Magpul AFG instead. WRT the scope mount, I have heard good things about the Extreme Duty mount from DSA.

:)

BruceB
June 13, 2011, 05:38 PM
My SA58 is very fine rifle; I suspect you'll be very pleased with yours.

The DSA "Extreme" scope mount replaces the top cover, and is held in place with five loc-tited plates that clamp the cover to the receiver. Mine seems to be VERY solid, and holds zero well. The mount has a full-length 'Picatinny rail' which allows great latitude in both positioning of optics, and a wide choice of what type those optics will be. For less than a hundred bucks, I consider it to be a great value.

Enjoy!

bushhogger
June 13, 2011, 05:48 PM
Ive got a lot of federal gold medal match 168bthp ,mainly for my fn pbr rifle, great gun by the way extremely accurate ,but its a bolt gun, not fast enough for a herd of wild hog, with a eotech on this rifle(sa58) what kind of accuracy can I expect with the federal ammo, it was shooting about a 2-3in group with iron sights, but I need fast target accusation ,thats why I was thinking about the eotech, most of our shots are 100-150yds

Maverick223
June 13, 2011, 07:03 PM
...but I need fast target accusation...Simple, just find an old lady from the Bronx. :p

If you enjoyed reading about "sa58" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!