Need data for the Barnes 145 gr. LRX

PDA

gamestalker
June 13, 2011, 08:57 PM
Barnes has once again designed another bullet that has sparked my interest, but I have been unable to locate any data. I'm loading for the 7mm rem. mag. and using RL22 or RL25. I only need data for the powder charge. If it is a bullet that for the most part uses standard powder charges, I'm good to go. But as with a couple of other Barnes bullets this may not be the case, and it may be another one of their designes that lives in a world all it's own. They discontinued a coated bullet that required data specific to it's S.D. and other physical chacteristics, and since my loading style is such that I work up to maximum potential I prefer good starting data, the rest is simply me working up to that maximum operating range with RL22 and RL25.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need data for the Barnes 145 gr. LRX" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45ACPUSER
June 13, 2011, 09:43 PM
What a novel idea, consult the MFGR's web site and find
http://www.barnesbullets.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/7mmRemingtonMagnumWeb1.pdf

The new bullet is not covered, but I suspect if you were email their tech people they could and would help you, tyh@barnesbullets.com.

gamestalker
June 14, 2011, 02:50 PM
So I e-mailed Barnes yesterday and they were honest in that they stated they haven't yet completed their testing with powder charges, and for the time being suggest I use 150 grain data. I think I'll find a starting powder charge for a standard run of the mill 120 gr. and 145 gr. bullet and work that up to my desired performance. Shouldn't be rocket science and likely won't be all that different, if at all, from an every day bullet of same weight.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need data for the Barnes 145 gr. LRX" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!