Uncle Mike's Sidekick Vertical Shoulder Holster

PDA

burrhead
June 17, 2011, 11:21 PM
I broke my hip several years ago and itís become painful to hike for long periods with a full size gun in a belt slide. I go to the Rockies for a couple of weeks in the summer to hike/fish and like to carry a Blackhawk in 45 Colt. Thinking about getting an Uncle Mike's Sidekick vertical shoulder holster. I know theyíre cheap and not tacticool and low tech but Iím only going to use it once a year for 10 days or so at a time. Are there any major flaws with these rigs?

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncle Mike's Sidekick Vertical Shoulder Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ColtPythonElite
June 17, 2011, 11:27 PM
I've got one I bought 20+ years ago to carry a 6" in. I used it for hunting/hiking, ect. back when a 6" was the only handgun I owned. I worked just fine. I still have it and it looks practically new. They may not be pretty or cool, but they are well made and work.

tguil
June 24, 2011, 08:52 PM
I have three of them. Definitely worth the money and more than "cool" enough. I wear these much more frequently that I wear the hip holsters that I have for the same guns. IMO much more comfortable than a hip holster and the price is right.

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncle Mike's Sidekick Vertical Shoulder Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!